Could someone please explain the role of a School Chaplaincy Program in a secular school?

I don't understand how parents at secular public schools can accept this?

Message 1 of 102
Latest reply
101 REPLIES 101

Could someone please explain the role of a School Chaplaincy Program in a secular school?

I am not sure why not..........................

Message 2 of 102
Latest reply

I don't get it either. I'd rather have people who are qualified in providing support to kids.

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 3 of 102
Latest reply

@i-need-a-martini wrote:

I don't understand how parents at secular public schools can accept this?

Accept what???

Message 4 of 102
Latest reply

Message 5 of 102
Latest reply

Social workers not chaplains are more appropriate.

Message 6 of 102
Latest reply

Some of them have degrees in psychology and /or social work.

Message 7 of 102
Latest reply

At state schools you opt out. one of mine didn't like the cranky 'chaplain' a bit.  She seemed to view herself as a missionary of some description. keep your creationist theory dearie   Go Away .

Message 8 of 102
Latest reply

Good on him. I hope that he is successful.

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 9 of 102
Latest reply

@azureline** wrote:

Some of them have degrees in psychology and /or social work.

That isn't really the point,

The program has been roundly criticised by teachers’ unions, mental health professionals, and by ACSSO, the peak body representing the country’s many parent and citizen groups. 

Message 10 of 102
Latest reply