Dog bitten by venomous snake dies, brought back to life in 'miracle'

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-28/dog-bitten-by-snake-dies-brought-back-to-life-qld/9586812

they never tell you how much the 'miracle' cost the owner.

i know when foo had a some teeth removed i nearly had to take out a loan to pay for it.

that was in and out same day!

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

What's the cost got to do with it for heaven's sake. 

If that happened to my dogs I'd pay anything to bring it back as most dog lovers would.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Hang the cost.

My descision to have a pet includes all the responsibilites that go with that descision.

A loving home - a well planned diet (with some naughty treats) - walks -  play.

Regular visits for worm treatments - keeping on top of the flea & tick problems.

To say nothing of - bathing & grooming. 

None of this is cheap - but she is totally worth it.

She is an investment - great company & good fun - as is any pet.

IMG_20161221_082004.jpg

And she enjoys gardening.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

so if you cant pay a vet bill thats say, in the thousands you shouldnt own a pet?

just where is the point where you would say, i just cant pay?

in my time ive had a dog who had 2 knee reconstructions and yes, a cat who was bitten by a brown snake and spent a week in a vets getting over it. so i'm not one who shirks my responsiblities re my mates.

id just like the reporter to tell us the price for this 'miracle'

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

@bright.ton42wrote:

If that happened to my dogs I'd pay anything to bring it back as most dog lovers would.

Would you sell your house, car and everything you know to save your pet?  Woud you go to work in massage parlor for 6 months? 

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@*kazumi*wrote:

@bright.ton42wrote:

Would you sell your house, car and everything you know to save your pet?  Woud you go to work in massage parlor for 6 months? 

IF I had a car and/or a house, yes . No question at all even for a moment

5 years ago my dog died from cancer, I sold most of my possesions to get her treatment as the vet said she had a 50/50 chance

Would you ask the same question if it was a human needing saving ? pets are not able to help themselves or get themselves treatment 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

enigmabear, I am so sorry you lost your beautiful dog.

bridge1.jpg

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Heart

She was a one in a million amazing girl. Right up until the week before she passed,she was bringing me her squeaky bone for a game and barking at butterflies in the backyard

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@davidc4430wrote:

so if you cant pay a vet bill thats say, in the thousands you shouldnt own a pet?

in my time ive had a dog who had 2 knee reconstructions and yes, a cat who was bitten by a brown snake and spent a week in a vets getting over it. so i'm not one who shirks my responsiblities re my mates.

According to the heading  I thought this thread was about  the miracle of saving a dog at the point of death yet you put miracle in quotes as though deriding it then  keep going on about cost..     

I think it was a wonderful feat of medicine performed and it was wonderful to read about.   

Anyway i have decided to start another thread abt costs as 

that interests me.too.   Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@bright.ton42wrote:

@davidc4430wrote:

According to the heading  I thought this thread was about  the miracle of saving a dog at the point of death yet you put miracle in quotes as though deriding it then  keep going on about cost..     

I think it was a wonderful feat of medicine performed and it was wonderful to read about.   

Anyway i have decided to start another thread abt costs as 

that interests me.too.   Smiley Wink

and your first reply to this thread was:

nothing about it being a 'miracle' so cost has nothing to do with it.

as i wasnt there i dont know if it truly was a 'miracle' or just very good veternary work (and sheer luck)

i believe a story like this and ive seen quite a few is incomplete without the writer informing the reader what the bill was in order to perform the 'miracle'

who knows how many 'miracles' dont happen because when the vet says 'well we can try to do A, B or C, it might work but its going to cost you your house, and the owner says that too much 'i cant pay'

then the only option left is 'putting fluffy to sleep'

for me, cost is allways part of the cure with pets.

we also know there was a time when your money said how good your medical cover was in human life here in australia, still is if you live in many parts of the world.

hands up those who wish we had the system they have in the USA?

i am very glad the dog in this story had everything in his favour, an owner with money and was willing to 'pay what it cost', a vet who knew his stuff

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply