Dog food recall: My Dog beef & liver variety

This was shared by a friend on Facebook, they are in Perth but it could be wider spread

Dog food recall: Product could contain 'pieces of plastic'

One of Australia's largest pet food companies is recalling a popular product due to fears plastics may have mixed with ingredients during the production process.

"Mars Petcare Australia is recalling a limited number of MY DOG Beef & Liver 100g 12x Pack due to the potential presence of plastic," the company said in an alert issued on Wednesday afternoon.

"

The only product affected is batch code 84901WOD51 with a best before of 06 DEC 2020.

"We understand that this recall may be concerning for pet owners.

"However no other MY DOG varieties or batches are affected by the recall, and owners will still be able to find unaffected product on shelf."

Anyone looking for more information is urged to visit ther MyDog website or call customer care on 1800 640 111.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

My dogs just finished a 12 pack of that.

All these recalls of products, it is getting ridiculous.

And I suspect it is only the tip of the iceberg. I'd be sure there are other products where things soemtimes go wrong but they don't bother with a recall if they can help it.

One of my daughters got injured once. We bought a bottle of apple cider. I won't mention the brand but it was a common supermarket brand. She went to unscrew the lid, it exploded and the lid hit her in the chin, cutting her to the bone.  Thank god it didn't get her eye or face. And no, no one had been shaking the bottle, which they accused us of.

We contacted the company and were told there was nothing wrong with the product but to keep the bottle, which they collected. They eventually paid to cover the medical bills (about $300) but we had to sign not to tell anyone what product/company etc

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Many years ago when my children were still at home I stocked up on 6 X 2litres of cordial from a well known company.

Within a week one had exploded, another one was bulging alarmingly and a third one was leaking.

I rang the company rather than returning them to the store.  They arranged to pick up all the bottles and replaced them on a 2 for one basis.   A week later I also received a very nice letter of apology and a cheque for the full cost of the items (I had bought them on half price special).

I have found over the years that it pays to contact the company rather than just return the items to the store.  They usually issue a gift card from the store where the item was purchased....mostly for double the value of the item.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Absolutely true Lyndal.

Not long ago I bought cat food (the little tins) where something went wrong in the canning process and the ring pulls broke off rather than opened the cans. With my arthritis I find some cans hard to open anyway so I have a plastic lever gadget for that....but I still couldn't lever the darn things open.

I told them how many cans I bought, gave them what batch and expiry numbers I had and they sent me back nearly double the cans (in the only varities my cat likes) plus they were in a handy calico carry bag. Thankfully the new cans opened easily.

It definitely pays to complain to the manufacturer than the supermarkets.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

We did contact the company, not their store, and got the brush off.

So we went to a legal company, one of the no win, no fee variety, and within hours were offered the $300.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply