Don't Forget The Bolt Report On Channel 10 Today 10am and 3PM!

bolt 2.jpg

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

j*oono
Community Member

The show not so bad so far this morning.

Malcolm Turnbull puts Bolt in his place.  Tells Bolt that as a conservative on channel 10 he has the right to be biased whereas the ABC do not and follows with the fact that Bolt works for the ABC's competitor.

I don't think that interview went as well as he expected.

Then Bolt runs a spiteful little piece about Turnbull.  Nose out of joint or what?

Joono
Message 2 of 42
Latest reply

@j*oono wrote:

The show not so bad so far this morning.

Malcolm Turnbull puts Bolt in his place.  Tells Bolt that as a conservative on channel 10 he has the right to be biased whereas the ABC do not and follows with the fact that Bolt works for the ABC's competitor.

I don't think that interview went as well as he expected.

Then Bolt runs a spiteful little piece about Turnbull.  Nose out of joint or what?

The difference to some of the leftie journos is that Bolt will listen and be attentive while the inerviewee is speaking. Leigh Sales and Emma Alberici are a disgrace the way they've shouted down and constantly interrupted for eg recently Matthias Cormann and Joe Hockey.

Although I must say I quite like the way Craig Emerson handles Bolt ,without fear or favour,, lol.

Message 3 of 42
Latest reply

Andrew Bolt opened the show with these words: "Treasurer Joe Hockey this week delivered a budget that sounded optimistic and delivered big tax breaks to small business....."

Methinks he gildeth the lily. The 1.5% tax break is hardly "big". As SMH Economics editor Ross Gittins put it:

Don't be misled. The 1.5 percentage-point cut in the company tax rate for small businesses is itself small. The equivalent cut for unincorporated businesses will yield a maximum saving of less than $20 a week.

My opinion of Malcolm Turnbull went up a notch, for reasons that Joono outlined above. Unfortunately, I doubt that this encounter will slow Angry Andrew's relentless attack on the public broadcaster. Perhaps he could explain why this alleged nest of lefties has had people such as Janet Albrechtsen on the board.

And Andrew does talk over, interupt and cut off guests (that he doesn't agree with). Being quietly spoken doesn't make him polite.

Message 4 of 42
Latest reply

Exactly cros... it's all spin,. spoon fed and repeated.

Alan Kohler, Economist - Budget small business 

"The small business tax cut is virtually pointless, a $1 billion a year handout to family-owned shops and sole tradies that will achieve nothing. Thatโ€™s because any investment or new employment that a small business is likely to make in response to the tax cut will be designed to get its turnover above $2 million a year, otherwise whatโ€™s the point, at which level the tax rate goes back to 30 per cent.

Likewise the accelerated depreciation: it applies to assets of less than $20,000, and thatโ€™s not even going to buy a locally made car. Maybe an espresso coffee machine for a cafe, but only a cheap one."

Business Spectator

Message 5 of 42
Latest reply

You must be watching a different version of the show to the one I watch Icy.  Bolt does nothing but interrupt and talk over anyone that is slightly left leaning and if they happen to be making too much sense for him then he shuts the discussion down and switches topics.

But as Malcolm Turnbull said, he is not being paid by the tax payer but by the direct opposition and the person that wishes he was the ABC and he is allowed to be as biased as he likes.

Joono
Message 6 of 42
Latest reply

@j*oono wrote:

You must be watching a different version of the show to the one I watch Icy.  Bolt does nothing but interrupt and talk over anyone that is slightly left leaning and if they happen to be making too much sense for him then he shuts the discussion down and switches topics.

Yeah he does have to keep to a schedule and cut in if ppl are rambling on, any interviewer does that. Unlike the aggressive tactics displayed by Leigh Sales and Emma Alberici.

But as Malcolm Turnbull said, he is not being paid by the tax payer but by the direct opposition and the person that wishes he was the ABC and he is allowed to be as biased as he likes.

Well that's the whole point. The ABC has a mandate as a public funded broadcaster to report the news in a unbiased  and balanced manner. 

That was a bit disingenous of Mr Turnbull to suggest Bolt apply for Mark Scott's job once his tenure is up. Reinforced Bolt's opinion that Mr Turnbull is defensive of the ABC.

Message 7 of 42
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@j*oono wrote:

Yeah he does have to keep to a schedule and cut in if ppl are rambling on, any interviewer does that. Unlike the aggressive tactics displayed by Leigh Sales and Emma Alberici.

Well that's the whole point. The ABC has a mandate as a public funded broadcaster to report the news in a unbiased  and balanced manner. 

That was a bit disingenous of Mr Turnbull to suggest Bolt apply for Mark Scott's job once his tenure is up. Reinforced Bolt's opinion that Mr Turnbull is defensive of the ABC.

Oh please. Sales and Alberici only interrupt their guests to get them to answer the questions too.  

Why are the women accused of being aggressive while the males are just keeping to schedule?

Don't you tbhink they have a tight schedule also?

Message 8 of 42
Latest reply

@gleee58 wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

@j*oono wrote:

Oh please. Sales and Alberici only interrupt their guests to get them to answer the questions too.  

Why are the women accused of being aggressive while the males are just keeping to schedule?

Don't you tbhink they have a tight schedule also?

From what I saw of Leigh Sales in the Joe Hockey interview after the budget, she barley let him speak. When did this become a sexism issue?

Message 9 of 42
Latest reply

From what I saw she asked for the truth and answers. He just avoided answering the questions.

When does it become a sexism issue?  When the women are accused of being aggressive for doing nothing more than their jobs.

Message 10 of 42
Latest reply