Donald Trump inauguration

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-21/what-did-donald-trump-promise-to-do-in-his-first-speech/819989...

so many promises, so many questions.

i really get a lor of what he is saying and why so many want him to do the things hes promising.

but i ask, lets just pick the 'bring jobs back to america.

i presume he means manufacturing jobs.

so lets take something every american would buy thats not made in america but under president trump will once again be 'made in america'

television sets.

the reason televisions are made in china or korea ec t is really cheap labour meaning really low prices at the store when i buy my tv.

if america says, no more cheap imports of tvs, gotta make em in the USA then who is going to be happy to pay $2,000 for a tv that costs $500 now?

and that spreads to all imported goods trumps wanting to be 'made in america' again.

is he planning to lower wages for workers in america to the same as 3rd world countries?

Message 1 of 157
Latest reply
156 REPLIES 156

White House backtracks on refugee deal struck with Australia, says it is still under consideration

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-01/white-house-backtracks-on-australia-refugee-deal/8228336

well that didnt take long

if i was traveling to the USA and was born in one of those countries malcolm got a promise they will be ok from the trump administration i think id cancel my trip.

Message 61 of 157
Latest reply

I would be very wary of travelling to the USA even though I was born in Australia of Australian parents....at least now while Trump is handing down Executive Orders the way he is.

Who knows what hair brained ideas he will come up with next.

Any bets on whether he will even finish his term in office?

Message 62 of 157
Latest reply

@womblewa wrote:

The moral of the story of the Trump election iswherever you are, whatever the election -  VOTE!! 

If you don't vote then you have no right to complain about who got in. 

America is in this sad state because so many people did not vote. 

Wrong wrong wrong.  People died to give future generations the right to vote. 

And yet so many just can't be bothered. 

So people like Trump get in, on the backs of the apathy of others. 

Maybe the people were waiting for instructions from Madonna. Remember it's not about politics in the USA;  it's all about the very helpful advice from 'celebrities'.

Message 64 of 157
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@bushies.girl wrote:

I'm sure  he will create far more probs than he solves   ..... Dont think an impeachment will happen, not saying those who loathe him wont try

Not necessarily those who loathe him.

I was reading an article written by a member of his own party who is an expert on the Constitution.   He is adamant that at the moment Trump's business dealings are in direct conflict with the Constitution and unless Trump does something about it there is trouble brewing.

Apparently even Trump's name on buildings is a no-no.

We heard from the 'experts' before the USA election that Billary would win in a cantor. So much for 'experts'.

Message 65 of 157
Latest reply

whats our excuse, since john howard went crazy with the power of control of both the senate and the lower house we had to kick him out.

now we have had kevin07, julia, kev i'm back again, tony i lied my way into power, and malcolm i cant remember what i stand for.

right now if we saw pauline win govt it would not suprise me.

Message 67 of 157
Latest reply

A lot of racists and rednecks in this country David,but probably not enough to get her over the line,thankfully.
Message 68 of 157
Latest reply

Trump has promised to "Make America Great Again"   but "great at what?" is the burning  question lol

Message 69 of 157
Latest reply

no one has said it yet, but the last 'great' thing in america was 'the great depression' wasnt it?

Message 70 of 157
Latest reply