'Egg Boy' donates almost $100,000 to victims

'Egg Boy' Will Connolly donates almost $100,000 to victims of Christchurch mosque shooting

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-29/egg-boy-will-connolly-donates-$100k-to-christchurch-victims/1...

lets hope the money actually reaches the victims and there are no hands dipping into the loot that dont belong there.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Interesting "donation" from this "egg boy".  The problem is, the donation comes from those who put the money into supporting him thinking the money was for his legal fees.  Ultimately it wasn't, so the money is from others than himself .. so no credit to him.

Personally, I would never have put any money towards his legal fees and forced him to pay them himself, after all, he was the one who assaulted someone and therefore totally responsible.

Even though it was an egg, it was still a form of violence against another person and I hope the young man really takes the time to examine his own character in a healthier and less exhibitionistic way in the future.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

i'm not judging his action, i just think the donating of the money to the cause was a good deed.

once donated i dont think you can give it back to those who donated it.

as for the act of egging i think the boy got the worse end of it.

he got tackled to the ground and kicked, then charged.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I agree with you David.  Perhaps, and I hope, he did learn a lesson albeit the hard way and it just might have turned his thinking around to the intelligent side.

Also, I hope all the money goes to the victims of the NZ massacre like you do too, and that they know where and who it truly came from.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

What a wonderfully compassionate and generous gesture, on his part.

I would like to shake the hand, or if it were culturally and socially appropriate, hug the little voice that stood behind him and said "This is a good idea... ", and when the red tape built up and it all became difficult, the voice continued... "Keep  going, we are with you, don't give up, we believe in you, this is a very good thing that you are doing...".

Thank you, perhaps otherwise unacknowledged, little voice...

🙂

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply