God I hate being proven right

Several years ago during a discussion on here I said that there was a risk that of the legalisation of homosexuality was that some idiot in the judiciary would link it to down grading or the exceptance of peodophilia and I was howled down as being wrong and an alarmist , but what do you know , I was right.

http://mobile.news.com.au/national/calls-for-nsw-judge-garry-neilson-to-step-down-as-he-says-incest-...
Photobucket
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Thats old news.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

That doesn't make me any less right
Photobucket
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

And what does incestuous rape of young girl have to do with homo...uality?  Legal or not?

Actually, I saw that man speaking and what he said was that "consensual sex between adult relatives should not be against the law".

The article in the link says that he gave more lenient sentence to man because the rape was nor violent.  Are you saying that harshness of sentences should not depend on degree of violence?

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@kilroy_is_here wrote:
That doesn't make me any less right

Idiots have been saying that same old garbage line for years.  It's nothing new.  

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

It doesn't make you right...........because that Judge is wrong..............

Appeal Court justices Lucy McCallum, Monika Schmidt and Derek Price slammed Judge Neilson’s comments in March 2013, saying his latter statement had “no foundation” and the former was “entirely questionable”.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Actually, I saw that man speaking and what he said was that "consensual sex between adult relatives should not be against the law".

That's an interesting statement and something I have been turning over in my mind since I read the OP. I suspect that intergenerational incest is seldom entirely consensual beacuse it involves a power imbalance ( and usually, I suspect begins when one party is underage). However, if two adult siblings wish to have sex with each other then, while many people would find it unnatural, immorsl and totally abhorrant, I'm not sure why it should be a crime. (The health risk to any children born of such a relataionship is a separate issue.) 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont remember you saying that- but I take your word for it.

Being right probably doesnt mean as much, when only you remember the discussion. lol.

Still, this is nothing new like someone else said- [some] people will try and link homosexuality to all sorts of sick things.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply