Great Oz Holiday destinations.

I love the Blue Mountains, there is something about the place that keeps drawing me back. The Grampians, although only been once - Halls Gap. Mystery Bay NSW South Coast and  Eden - love them.  Woman Happy

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I wanted to go to Ironfest at Lithgow this weekend. Didn't happen Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

I like going everywhere, city or country, I love them all, though Ive never been to the outback. Not being a happy camper ,I'm 'not sure that the outback would be my thing

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Pimpy, have you been to the glow worm tunnels near Lithgow, we go everytime we stay at the Blue Mountains, it's so cool. and the Newnes Shale Oil Ruins, great day and brilliant for taking photo's.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

@debra9275 wrote:

I like going everywhere, city or country, I love them all, though Ive never been to the outback. Not being a happy camper ,I'm 'not sure that the outback would be my thing

No I don't camp. Mr Boris wants to do that drive across the desert, not me - no way, especially after seeing Wolf Creek. Very happy for Mr Boris to go with one of his camping mates and take lots of photo's for me.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Smiley LOL  I don't do camping either Boris

oh yes Wolf Creek ~~ no thanks lol

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

@boris1gary wrote:

Pimpy, have you been to the glow worm tunnels near Lithgow, we go everytime we stay at the Blue Mountains, it's so cool. and the Newnes Shale Oil Ruins, great day and brilliant for taking photo's.

Next time you go there boris, walk right out to the escarpment overlooking the Newnes Valley - turn right and look for a flat fallen block of sandstone - some incredible old graffiti behind it (and wonderful views over the Valley).

Also don't miss the Gardens of Stone - some spectacular rock formations which look like Thai temples or beehives.  Google it for more information ....... one of the least known places in the area and one of the most spectacular.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

@mtnlane wrote:

@boris1gary wrote:

Next time you go there boris, walk right out to the escarpment overlooking the Newnes Valley - turn right and look for a flat fallen block of sandstone - some incredible old graffiti behind it (and wonderful views over the Valley).

Also don't miss the Gardens of Stone - some spectacular rock formations which look like Thai temples or beehives.  Google it for more information ....... one of the least known places in the area and one of the most spectacular.

Thanks Mtnlane, I read a little about the Gardens of Stone, sounds great. The last time we were up there we took a track - Black Mans Hand, or something like that. I was sure we were going to either get lost forever or die. We ended up at some little (tiny) village, kangaroo's everywhere. To get back we had to drive on what I can only describe as a goat track, with a long drop on one side and cliff on the other. Woman LOL

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

haha plenty of those tracks around that area!

Black Man's Hand is (from memory) the track which leads down into the Newnes Valley - but it has been a long time since I was there so maybe my memory is playing tricks on me.

Turon Gates - west of Capertee is lovely too and you can rent cabins there if camping is not your bag .... or the high prices for the Emirates (I think) property in the Newnes Valley lol

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Boris

Do you ever go bushwalking in the BM National Park or do you pretty much stick to driving?  Some amazing walks there if that is your 'scene' - the Grand Canyon is one or down into the Blue Gum Forest in the Grose Valley.  If you don't want to walk, there is some terrific scenery at the end of Shipley Plateau which involves just a short walk.  You access it by crossing the railway line at Blackheath and turning left and following your nose!

There is a 'mini' Echo Point at the end of it.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply