Guy Sebastian Hits Back

Guy Sebastian has spoken out after being 'cancelled' by Twitter mobs for appearing alongside Prime Minister Scott Morrison when he announced his $250million arts package at a press conference on Thursday.

Speaking on the Today show on Friday, the 38-year-old Voice coach said he had 'no idea' why some people were so outraged.

'It was a big day yesterday... Bigger then I thought,' he said with a laugh, after being asked about the social media backlash.

© Provided by Daily Mail What's the big deal? Guy Sebastian (left) has spoken out after being 'cancelled' by Twitter mobs for appearing alongside Prime Minister Scott Morrison (right) when he announced his $250million arts package at a press conference on Thursday.

'I wasn't prepared for it. People [were] cancelling me apparently. I have no idea why,' the Battle Scars singer added.

When asked by Today host Allison Langdon why he thought people were so upset, he reiterated that couldn't understand it.

'Look, I really have no idea. I've never been involved in politics,' he said.     

It comes after viewers were surprised to see Guy standing next to Morrison when he announced a $250million arts package to help revive the entertainment industry on Thursday.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/other/defiant-guy-sebastian-hits-back-after-being-cancelled-...

Look, really...do we understand how divisive we've become as a nation, thanks to social media?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Guy Sebastian Hits Back

Have never liked that bloke, still dont

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Guy Sebastian Hits Back

Thanks to social media? And here I was thinking it was John Howard and Pauline Hanson.
https://www.smh.com.au/opinion/john-howard-did-not-slay-the-one-nation-dragon-20160906-gr9py9.html
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Guy Sebastian Hits Back

It's the political polarization mindset. Some people need to get a life. Guy is a cool dude.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Guy Sebastian Hits Back

@lyhargr_0 wrote:

Not the point, Ly....

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Guy Sebastian Hits Back

@icyfroth wrote:

Guy Sebastian has spoken out after being 'cancelled' by Twitter mobs for appearing alongside Prime Minister Scott Morrison when he announced his $250million arts package at a press conference on Thursday.

Speaking on the Today show on Friday, the 38-year-old Voice coach said he had 'no idea' why some people were so outraged.

'It was a big day yesterday... Bigger then I thought,' he said with a laugh, after being asked about the social media backlash.

© Provided by Daily Mail What's the big deal? Guy Sebastian (left) has spoken out after being 'cancelled' by Twitter mobs for appearing alongside Prime Minister Scott Morrison (right) when he announced his $250million arts package at a press conference on Thursday.

'I wasn't prepared for it. People [were] cancelling me apparently. I have no idea why,' the Battle Scars singer added.

When asked by Today host Allison Langdon why he thought people were so upset, he reiterated that couldn't understand it.

'Look, I really have no idea. I've never been involved in politics,' he said.     

It comes after viewers were surprised to see Guy standing next to Morrison when he announced a $250million arts package to help revive the entertainment industry on Thursday.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/entertainment/other/defiant-guy-sebastian-hits-back-after-being-cancelled-...

Look, really...do we understand how divisive we've become as a nation, thanks to social media?

Well, now he's been "cancelled", we can safely forget him.

What's your next piece of Right Wing Dingbat virtue signalling, snowflake?

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Guy Sebastian Hits Back

@joztamps wrote:

Forget him!

He's on The Voice tomorrow night. Smiley LOL

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Guy Sebastian Hits Back

@myoclon1cjerk wrote:

Thanks to social media? And here I was thinking it was John Howard

Yuck!

@myoclon1cjerk wrote:

and Pauline Hanson.
https://www.smh.com.au/opinion/john-howard-did-not-slay-the-one-nation-dragon-20160906-gr9py9.html

double yuck!

Oh the pain  those two names make me feel nauseous.

Anyway Guy's 38 wow. He's only 2 years away from the big 4O. I know that Guy Sebasitan is a Christian. Morrison's a Pentecostal isn't he? Has a connection to Hillsong. Without checking what G.S.'s faith is, I wonder if he's connected with Morrison through that.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Guy Sebastian Hits Back

@not_for_sale2024 wrote:

@joztamps wrote:

Forget him!

He's on The Voice tomorrow night. Smiley LOL

You won't be able to see him, though, coz he's been "cancelled"; there'll just be a blank spot on the screen.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Guy Sebastian Hits Back

@icyfroth wrote:

@lyhargr_0 wrote:

Not the point, Ly....

Tis to me

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply