Hard To Type

Some of you may have noticed an increase in mis-types with my posts lately.  I had a cancer lesion removed from my left ring-finger a couple of weeks ago, specifically from my middle knuckle.  The wound is about the size of a nickel, right on the knuckle.  I kept a pair of splints on it the first week, but am giving it air now, with liberal doses of lidocaine ointment.

I got a letter from the VA this morning, letting me know that it WAS invasive Squamous Cell cancer, and that a biopsy showed that the margins were clear, so no re-surgery.

It's amazing how damage to one finger can impact so many usually mundane tasks...........and not being able to bend it limits my digital responses to people who irritate me........

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Hard To Type

Glad it all worked out well for you--would have been scarey at first.

Dont worry about the miscues-i do them all the time and dont have an excuse....Richo.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Hard To Type

@this-one-time-at-bandcamp wrote:

Some of you may have noticed an increase in mis-types with my posts lately.  I had a cancer lesion removed from my left ring-finger a couple of weeks ago, specifically from my middle knuckle.  The wound is about the size of a nickel, right on the knuckle.  I kept a pair of splints on it the first week, but am giving it air now, with liberal doses of lidocaine ointment.

I got a letter from the VA this morning, letting me know that it WAS invasive Squamous Cell cancer, and that a biopsy showed that the margins were clear, so no re-surgery.

It's amazing how damage to one finger can impact so many usually mundane tasks...........and not being able to bend it limits my digital responses to people who irritate me........

Yup...I can sympathise, as earlier this year I had two melanomas removed from my back and shoulder. Two areas, 8cm across, by 3cm deep were removed. Painful as all heck - but I guess not as painful as not having them removed!

The doc in passing, remarked I had some of the thickest skin he'd ever come across!

I wonder that could be why why forum insults and slurs don't affect me?

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Hard To Type

@this-one-time-at-bandcamp wrote:

All the very best to you t-o-t-a-b. We are 'lucky' to have a few members of the Registered Grammar Collective here at CS. I love nothing better than to pick them up for their own errors and boy doesn't that rankle themCat Tongue

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Hard To Type

*pepe
Community Member

so glad they got it all

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Hard To Type

I Know how you feel I have had 3 Squamous removed so far.

Think they will bury me in a match box if I have any think else cut off.

I sent away for Black Topical Salve, you have to be careful with it and only put it on the Carcinoma.

I had one coming up on my nose and used this, it does burn, then it scabbed but it did disappear

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Hard To Type

The only topical cream I use (and is recommended by my dermatologists)  is Fluorouracil 5%, available by prescription only, and it's for pre-cancers.

I imagine I've had 30 or more cancers removed by now.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Hard To Type

Glad you're OK. I mistype all the time and edit frantically to fix them.

About not being able to bend it, use the one on the other hand 🙂

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Hard To Type

I guess a few typos are a small price to pay for safety. Heart

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply