Has not taken long - brace yourself...

here we go - an international passenger jet carrier has announced resumption of passenger flights from plauge London (UK) - a country chart topping at 3rd with 4,000 new case a day and a history of fudging the figures ( starting counting hursing home deaths late in the innings, and the seassonally adjusted national deaths being twice average) 

Say them " 'In addition to our already stringent procedures, we’ve implemented an extensive sanitisation and safety programme on board, at the airport and across our complimentary airport transfer services,' an Etihad Airways statement read."

Oh , that is a real comfort - no mention of monitiored 2 week quarantine before they leave , an certainly no word regarding when the who ever arrives here - Australian citizens will have committed $360 million to being virus free and now let them in !  1770 again ! 

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/melbourne/etihad-announces-that-flights-between-melbourne-and-london-...

or is this fake news ? That got me really going for awhile ...

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

@rogespeed wrote:

here we go - an international passenger jet carrier has announced resumption of passenger flights from plauge London (UK) - a country chart topping at 3rd with 4,000 new case a day and a history of fudging the figures ( starting counting hursing home deaths late in the innings, and the seassonally adjusted national deaths being twice average) 

Say them " 'In addition to our already stringent procedures, we’ve implemented an extensive sanitisation and safety programme on board, at the airport and across our complimentary airport transfer services,' an Etihad Airways statement read."

Oh , that is a real comfort - no mention of monitiored 2 week quarantine before they leave , an certainly no word regarding when the who ever arrives here - Australian citizens will have committed $360 million to being virus free and now let them in !  1770 again ! 

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/melbourne/etihad-announces-that-flights-between-melbourne-and-london-...

Well I hope you're bracing yourself.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

@rogespeed wrote:

here we go - an international passenger jet carrier has announced resumption of passenger flights from plauge London (UK) -

Not having a go at you but honestly what or where is 'plauge'

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

@bright.ton42 wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

here we go - an international passenger jet carrier has announced resumption of passenger flights from plauge London (UK) -

Is that all you have to say ? we just need one contaminated person to slip through and you should know the results 

and yes plauge is spelt plague - which is what the UK is experiencing 32,147 reported deaths vs 97 here 

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

are you a pom ? 

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

@rogespeed wrote:

@bright.ton42 wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

Is that all you have to say ? we just need one contaminated person to slip through and you should know the results 

and yes plauge is spelt plague - which is what the UK is experiencing 32,147 reported deaths vs 97 here 

Sorry I just didn't pick it up as plague.  Well yes I agree with you, it sounds a bit ominous to me too.  I'm more concerned what they will do at this end and if they will  quarantine for 2 weeks which is what they've always said they will do.  But who pays for it? Not us I hope.   Funny Australia hasn't mentioned it......  I'd like to know mor but can't find anything. 

Edit - just read they will be advised to self-quarantine here but I don't trust that one bit.  . 

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

@bright.ton42 wrote:

I'm more concerned what they will do at this end and if they will  quarantine for 2 weeks which is what they've always said they will do.  But who pays for it? Not us I hope.   Funny Australia hasn't mentioned it......  I'd like to know mor but can't find anything. 

Edit - just read they will be advised to self-quarantine here but I don't trust that one bit.  . 

I'm in the position of returning to Australia in a couple of weeks and all the information I can find for International travellers to Auustralia states that only Australian citizens are allowed to enter the country and all will need to quarantine in nominated premises at the first point of entry to Australia for 14 days.  The cost as far as I can tell is covered by the Govt (except in NT where it is at the travellers own cost)

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

@bright.ton42 wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

@bright.ton42 wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

Sorry I just didn't pick it up as plague.  Well yes I agree with you, it sounds a bit ominous to me too.  I'm more concerned what they will do at this end and if they will  quarantine for 2 weeks which is what they've always said they will do.  But who pays for it? Not us I hope.   Funny Australia hasn't mentioned it......  I'd like to know mor but can't find anything. 

The way the statement was casually worded seemed like a general flood of immigrants 

Must be restricted to Australian citizens and close associated  

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/coming-australia

but i still think they should be subject to lab SARS-CoV-2 ( the actual bug)  testing and the flu as well for good measure , as for 2 weeks self-quarantine .... is 30% compliance ? another subject in itself 

But anyhow , as winter encroaches the more need to be stricter in containing any foreign sourced silent spreaders , regardless of nationality - the Chinese experience in their later arrivals is a good lesson with so many testing positive. The UK is a worry. 

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

@ambercat16 wrote:

I'm in the position of returning to Australia in a couple of weeks and all the information I can find for International travellers to Auustralia states that only Australian citizens are allowed to enter the country and all will need to quarantine in nominated premises at the first point of entry to Australia for 14 days.  The cost as far as I can tell is covered by the Govt (except in NT where it is at the travellers own cost)

Ah Aussies only that's good.  I have no probs with us footing the bill for Aussies. 
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

@rogespeed wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

are you a pom ? 

Are you Ethel?

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply