Holdens woes. Can someone explain to me...

...why the government can pour millions upon millions into the relatively short life mining industry whos profits line the pockets of a select few yet it won't put money into our car manufacturing industry which supports hundreds of thousands of average workers?

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

simple they are clueless

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

most of the SA liberal seats are safe like Sturt and Mayo . they won't lose any.

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

I wonder whether the cost of future centrelink/unemployment benefits/ payments to effected families will outweigh what it would've cost to keep Holden going. I think it will

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

@debra9275 wrote:

I wonder whether the cost of future centrelink/unemployment benefits/ payments to effected families will outweigh what it would've cost to keep Holden going. I think it will

The problem with that is its not just people employed at holdens its all the people outside that supply sub assemblies and parts, I have seen claims that there are up to two people employed indirectly for every employee.

Add to that the social costs of even higher unemployment in an area of already high unemploment,   

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

Look, it's crystal clear, at the end of the day, moving forward, we are cleaning up the mess from the previous Government.

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

it's simple really - if  YOU lot  bought Holdens instead of imported cars - Holden would be profitable enough to continue.....

and no-one would lose their job.

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

@rabbitearbandicoot wrote:

it's simple really - if  YOU lot  bought Holdens instead of imported cars - Holden would be profitable enough to continue.....

Thats rubbish, they are moving manufacturing off shore so they can make even more money 

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

The aim is to remove industry, send off shore, impoverish the West, reduce standards of living.

It is a plan.  

Research Agenda 21 and ICLEI

By the Way, reducing our ability to produce motor vehicles for ourselves also will affect out ability to defend ourselves

if required.

All planned

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

@rabbitearbandicoot wrote:

We purposely bought a holden as it was Australian made. As we do all things we buy. We have done this for many years.

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply