Home insulation deaths. Have any families received compensation ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

All I have been able to find is the Royal Commission's cost ( 19 million ) and a recomendation to pay up to

$500k to companies affected by the abrupt closing of the scheme but no mention of victim compensation.

I hope I have been looking in the wrong places.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

There has been 8 enquiries before the this last one, no idea if anything came from those 8 that is different to the 19 million RC, have read that it's pretty much more of the same. 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

No, they haven't. Now that the Inquiry is over, would the families of deceased workers have to sue for compensation if they decided to seek it now?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

No, they haven't. Now that the Inquiry is over, would the families of deceased workers have to sue for compensation if they decided to seek it now?

Did they get compensated by workers compensation insurance?

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

In NSW unless the family was financially dependent on the deceased worker they would be entitled to nothing under WC, I would think that common law would be used.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

All the money in the world couldn't really compensate a family for the loss of a loved one

but it's almost creepy that they spend so many millions to determine what should have

been bleeding obvious in the first place.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply