Hospital Beds

My son is in hospital and is complaining that the bed isn't long enough. He is 6 foot 4 inches tall. They could get him a wider bed if he was abese but not a longer bed because he is tall.
Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Hospital Beds

My OH has also been in hospital for 3 weeks and complaining about the bed. But he is getting amazing care  and I guess he will have to put up with it until he comes home. Hope that your Son is better quickly and home to his own bed, and Mum of course.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Hospital Beds

Ask them to remove the foot end.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Hospital Beds

Most beds have an extension that can be put in the bottom of the bed. Where I work, the wardsman will get one from the storeroom and put it in, if asked.
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Hospital Beds

193.04 cm is 6' 4"

Hospital bed size should be 2m from head to foot. Maybe he is using the inbuilt head raiser and that is pushing his body further down the bed.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Hospital Beds

I am 6'4 and when in hospital they had a bed exstension they put in for tall people, they offered as my feet hung out off the end of the bed, took them all of 2 minutes. 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Hospital Beds

His wife has been asking them for the extension for the last 2 days
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Hospital Beds

As he has pneumonia he can't lay flat.
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Hospital Beds

@grandmoon wrote:
His wife has been asking them for the extension for the last 2 days

That's terrible. Your DIL needs to stop 'asking' and really start demanding.....I wouldn't give the nurses a moments rest until someone takes care of this for your son. I know it's sometimes hard to get pushy and insistent (as it's in most peoples nature to want to be polite and not make waves), but that's just ridiculous that your son should have to be uncomfortable for two whole days because someone is too lazy to be bothered. : (

Photobucket
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Hospital Beds

Grandmoon, when I was visiting my OH today, I noticed in his ward there was a poster stating that if the patient or their carer had any concerns, they should contact the Official Visitor and giving a mobile number. I think that they are an advocate for patients rights and have official backing. This is in NSW.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply