How about great comebacks?

ruloinfovoter
Community Member

My mother had a great one, actually a few.

My poor father made the mistake of saying within earshot of my mother that he wished he had a nickle for every diaper he changed.

"Yeah, then you'd have a dime" my mother told him.

Have any dandies?

"If it is once again one against forty-eight, then I am very sorry for the forty-eight." ~ Margaret Thatcher

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” ― Thomas Jefferson
Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

A fav of mine especially for those that ask for advice, get it, ignore it and the expected/not so great result happens......

'you get what you get!'

Message 2 of 38
Latest reply

I like it when people ask for advice, or feedback.  I always believe it is a take it or leave it type thing.  But yes, they get what they get.

I've received some great advice mostly from men, but some crucial, crucial good stuff from grandmothers.

The best advice is only told once though.  After that, it is nagging and will be cheapened each time repeated.  

Also, if the advice is given to children, you have to have their eyes, they have to be looking in your eyes when you tell them or else dare I say macht nichts?

"If it is once again one against forty-eight, then I am very sorry for the forty-eight." ~ Margaret Thatcher

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” ― Thomas Jefferson
Message 3 of 38
Latest reply

I have been called the comeback queen by family and friends.

I have mellowed a little though.

I have learned that tongue in cheek does not work on forums unless accompanied by at least 6 emoticons and a 'just kidding' disclaimer lol.

Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light.
Message 4 of 38
Latest reply

Many years ago, I was sitting in a booth at a coffee shop, my well-endowed girlfriend half on my lap, half leaning against me, the evidence of her puchritude pressed firmly against the side of my head.

A friend down a couple of booths asked how I was doing, and I replied, with great gusto, "My cup runneth over!"

Then she smacked me smartly on the back of my head............

Message 5 of 38
Latest reply

So how are you getting on now, 50 years later?

DEB

Message 6 of 38
Latest reply

My brother - then aged five - was a quick thinker. We were disscussing WWll and he said if there was another war there was no way he would be soldier.

My Dad told him he wouldn't have a choice and he said yes he would because he'd be the man who made the guns.

Dad said, "Yes but then the enemy would come and bomb you"

Master Five thought for a moment then said "No they wouldn't, cos I'd have a big sign up saying 'This is a horseshoe factory'."

Message 7 of 38
Latest reply

Ya just gotta love five year oldsWoman LOL

Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light.
Message 8 of 38
Latest reply

lol,she ele!!!

taste my religion! nibble a witch! 😄
Message 9 of 38
Latest reply

Hahaha SheElle
My sister at about the same age was playing with our grandparents dog, Grandad told her to stop pulling her tail or she will bite you! Little sister said "Not this end Grandad"
Message 10 of 38
Latest reply