How long do you think it will take?

Any bets?

1209291_426104957501974_845484850_n.jpg

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Very few nations do not have debit.  Saudi Arabia and another oil producer comes to mind (I can't remember which one it is).

The other nations (few in number) who are debt free are extremely small nations.

None of the debt free nations have defence forces to fund.

Borrowing stimulates the economy.  The credit rating designates the ability to repay that debt.

Even Costello (the ex Lib Treasurer) certainly understood this and said debt is good).

You can also apply this to personal debt and personal credit rating..

Borrowing for investment properties, to purchase shares.  Both tax effective.

It is personal borrowing and paying interest for items which decrease in value (ie motor vehicles) which bring people undone.

View solution in original post

Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

borrowing got us through an economic crisis which saw many Countries go into recession...from which they are still recovering.

Our Country's ability to borrow and what they could borrow in order to stimulate our economy depended on our credit rating and the strength of our economy .

If we had only put the amount into our stimulus package which the Coalition suggested rather than what Labor did we would not have the strong economy we do have and regardless of what we have been led to believe...we have had a strong economy and the ability to repay.

Interest rates go up....we pay more 

and we may risk not being able to borrow if we need it

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

am*3

We need to be on the same page with this information.

To be specific and get it into perspective.

Australia has a Public Debt of 26.9% of GDP -  a Net Govt Debt of 11% of GDP

Greece has a Public Debt of 161% of GDP – a Net Govt Debt of 155% of GDP

USA has a Public Debt of 73% of GDP – a Net Govt Debt of 87% of GDP

Saudi Arabia has a Public Debt of 12.9% of GDP – A Net Govt Debt of MINUS 93%

Emirates has a Public Debt of 40% of GDP – a Net Govt Debt of MINUS 93%

Message 25 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Seriously, why is a triple A crtedit rating so important?

Personally I dont even have a credit rating, never have had ..........i dont have any debt either 🙂

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

The interest rates that country gets to pay on the money that they borrow depends on their credit rating.  If you have 3 x AAA rating it means that you are low risk and get better deal.  So yes, it does matter.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

Not long!

& yes it does matter lots
Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

Does it still matter is you don't have debt and don't pay interest?

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

Pardon???
Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

Does a credit rating still matter if you dont have any debts and don't pay interest?

Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

@poddster wrote:

Does a credit rating still matter if you dont have any debts and don't pay interest?

It's not a personal credit rating being discussed. The fact that you may not have a credit rating is irrelevent.

“I’ve got my purse and my gift and my gloves and my selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitor and my monoamine oxidase inhibitor and I have my anti-anxiety disco biscuits and I am ready to go. I am really ready!” Sheila
Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

Why would a country need a credit rating if it had no debt pray tell

Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

Australia needs foreign investors investing their money here. They would look at a country's credit rating when deciding whether to invest there or not.

Citizens with personal debt s or none, is totally irrelevant.

Name a country with no debt? Australia has debt, Australia is what the opening post refers to.

Message 10 of 30
Latest reply