I Hate Coles Self-Serve Checkouts

Woolworth's are much easier.

Message 1 of 61
Latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

....I refuse to use as these are taking jobs from Australians.

LOLSmiley LOL

Message 2 of 61
Latest reply

I also refuse to use self service registers. Doing people out of jobs without any price reductions I imagine.

I know the day will come when I have no choice, until then I will avoid.

Message 3 of 61
Latest reply

I used to say that too but standing in line behind someone with a shopping trolley full of groceries at one of only 2 manned checkouts in your lunch hour while the time is ticking away is kind of a decider.

And well management know it.

Message 4 of 61
Latest reply

I love self serve check outs.. I don't like making small talk with strangers so they're ideal for me.. I also like to pack my own bags

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 5 of 61
Latest reply

ref

I used to say that too but standing in line behind someone with a shopping trolley full of groceries at one of only 2 manned checkouts in your lunch hour while the time is ticking away is kind of a decider.

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I 'know' that store managers at Woolies get a bonus - was $30,000 per annum 2 years ago, if they don't go 'over' their allocated budget for staffing work hours.Smiley Wink 

Message 6 of 61
Latest reply

@patchoo78 wrote:

I love self serve check outs.. I don't like making small talk with strangers so they're ideal for me.. I also like to pack my own bags

yeah I don't mind them now. It took me a while to get used to them.

I find the Coles ones always have a drama though.

I like to use my own bag. There's a button for "I Want To Use My Own Bag."

So you hit that.

Then the voice says "Please place your bag in the bagging area"

So you do.

Then it says "Unexpected item in the bagging area. Please remove item from bagging area".

Sheesh.

At Woolies you just scan your items, put in your bag, put your cash or credit card in, get your receipt and off you go.

Message 7 of 61
Latest reply

I love the self serve checkouts and I have never cheated or stolen anything using them.  

What I really don't like is the people that have a full trolley load and they are using the self serve.  It's crazy and it takes them five times as long as if they go to a checkout operator.

Joono
Message 8 of 61
Latest reply

@paintsew007 wrote:

ref

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I 'know' that store managers at Woolies get a bonus - was $30,000 per annum 2 years ago, if they don't go 'over' their allocated budget for staffing work hours.Smiley Wink 

Also happens in Big W

photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 9 of 61
Latest reply

I don't mind either Coles or WW self serve checkouts. I sometimes swipe my Woolies loyalty card in the Coles machine and vice versa by mistake.. have to get the human over to cancel that. The lady I often get in Coles there is extremely nice and helpful.

I like Coles to shop at, seem to get more items with a bigger discountthere. Woolies is my local shop.

My nearest Coles have recently replaced some of their original self serve machines with narrow ones that are card only (they can fit more in the same space than before).

Message 10 of 61
Latest reply