I created a narrow version of a clothes rack.

I got one of those 4 tier metal shelving units.

I put  2 shelve close together at the top. Put book on each of these shelves and also I put in 3 plate drying racks upside down for hanging clothes on.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

clotheshanger.JPG

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Signatures suck.
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

well done but I can't help thinking you should just use the rails on the top, you could hang more clothes.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

It is only 30 by 35cm wide. Probably makes sense that portable clothes racks are always very long because a narrow one with flimsy material would collapse.

I even had to get 2 sizes of plate dryers because only the chrome twisted looking ones will fit through the dimensions of the metal shelfing. The books are there so the plate dryers stay in place.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

It is faster and less likely to drop the clothes if you have these plate dryer bars.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Faster than what? and if you knock those books done................. well!

I am currently trying to redesign my wardrobe space and opted for just rails to hang clothes on. Wall to wall.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Azureline, I have an older style built in wardrobe but I got hubby to put in extra rails half way down to utilise the space.  I also got him to put extra shelving and rails for the shoes.  Unfortunately though hubby's clothes don't fit in the wardrobe nor do they fit in the 2 wardrobes in the spare room lol.

SAM_2401.JPG

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Hmm, good idea, I just rehung mine and found I only have 3 dresses, 3 dressing gowns, so no need for much full length hanging space anymore.................. I can do that!  so 2 rails should cover it ?

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Sounds good.  My long dresses are in another wardrobe and my folded clothing is in another. 

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply