I have no theological objection to...

gleee58
Community Member

The PM has no theological objection to Nuclear energy.... 

The reporter asked about nuclear energy and a conscience vote on same sex marriage.  I think the second answer got lost in the bewilderment caused by the first answer.

What do you have no theological objection to?

If you have no idea what that means, try http://scienceoftheinvisible.blogspot.com.au/2007/10/theological-objection.html

or do a net search.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Atheism
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

-If you have no idea what that means, try

in the link-

The Theological Objection

Alan TuringThinking is a function of man's immortal soul. God has given an immortal soul to every man and woman, but not to any other animal or to machines. Hence no animal or machine can think.
I am unable to accept any part of this, but will attempt to reply in theological terms. I should find the argument more convincing if animals were classed with men, for there is a greater difference, to my mind, between the typical animate and the inanimate than there is between man and the other animals. The arbitrary character of the orthodox view becomes clearer if we consider how it might appear to a member of some other religious community. How do Christians regard the Moslem view that women have no souls? But let us leave this point aside and return to the main argument. It appears to me that the argument quoted above implies a serious restriction of the omnipotence of the Almighty. It is admitted that there are certain things that He cannot do such as making one equal to two, but should we not believe that He has freedom to confer a soul on an elephant if He sees fit? We might expect that He would only exercise this power in conjunction with a mutation which provided the elephant with an appropriately improved brain to minister to the needs of this sort[. An argument of exactly similar form may be made for the case of machines. It may seem different because it is more difficult to "swallow." But this really only means that we think it would be less likely that He would consider the circumstances suitable for conferring a soul. The circumstances in question are discussed in the rest of this paper. In attempting to construct such machines we should not be irreverently usurping His power of creating souls, any more than we are in the procreation of children: rather we are, in either case, instruments of His will providing mansions for the souls that He creates.
-------------------------------------------------------
still no idea what it means. I don't like cars with automatic transmissions, power steering or power windows, but i have no objection to others owning and driving them. I don't like pork (ham, sausage, ect) but again, have no objection to others eating it. I don't drink beer, whiskey, wine, ect, but anyone else, have at it.
On the oppisite end, I don't like smoking or tobacco products and do object to others doing that around or near me. bigtime

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

do you reckon the abbott meant ideological? otherwise it makes no sense but as just about everything the fool says makes no sense then who knows?

simply an "idiot" Woman LOL

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

How rude of them.................

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Who knows what he meant. Have better things to do than try an analyze the rantings of that moronic imbecile
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

tony-abbott-david-muller-vincents-hospital-data.PNG

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply