I just sold a desk on ebay....

...and got this message:

Hi
How are you , it's (name withheld) I saw the desk and I want it but I can't pick up it because I'm a student , I don't have a car ...can u post it ..?

How shall I respond lol?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Maybe they could come and study at your place...

lol

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

Hi (name withheld).  I'm afraid I can not post this to you as I am a teacher.  Unfortunately it would breach student/teacher confidentiality.

However, if you can arrange for someone to pick it up for you that would be ok.  Cash only thank you 😄

Joono
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

@i-need-a-martini wrote:

...and got this message:

Hi
How are you , it's (name withheld) I saw the desk and I want it but I can't pick up it because I'm a student , I don't have a car ...can u post it ..?

How shall I respond lol?

I wonder what they are a student of........... I feel sorry for the teachers.

I am not selling on ebay again, some people are a special kind of stupid.......... my last 2 experiences were ridiculous and I ended up cancelling the sales.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

I have already told them to organise a taxi and given them a list of times to collect. To which they responded they couldn't afford a taxi because they are a student. 

Obviously not studying to be a brain surgeon...

The stupidity of some people is astounding.

Question - if I cancel rather than wait to put in a dispute, do I get my selling fees back?

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I cancelled on one because it was pick up only and the buyer asked me to post it.

He didn't put an objection in and ebay didn't charge me.

The other one purchased a large item that needed at least 3 men to lift it and a trailer and was specified in the ad..........and had to go within 3 days, he arrived alone with no trailer, looked at it like he had no idea what it was....... and said call him when I could get someone to help him.

I emailed him, no reply..... cancelled it and never heard from him again. No charges for me.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

If the buyer does not live too far away

Offer to save them money on postage by delivering it

For $50 otherwise a cCourier is cheaper than a taxi

Don't cancel have them cancel if you can't come to an 

Arrangement then you don't get s defect and you get your 

Fees back

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Hi name withheld sure I can post it to you it will cost and extra $100.00 to do so. just make the payment through paypal and I'll organize it for you.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

why has the moderator moved this from the selling board??? I would have thought that was the appropriate place
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

He doesn't need a car....just lots of friends Smiley Frustrated

kids_carrying_desks_rev.jpg

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply