I love the community I live in..... a note...........found on a fridge yesterday

firesnovember.JPG

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I love the community I live in..... a note...........found on a fridge yesterday

Having said that if the governmebt had mobilized the army 6 weeks ago instead of today on the Kian rd fire then none of this would have happened.

I GUESS MORRISONS BEAN COUNTERS ADVISED THAT IT WOULD BE MUCH MORE  COST EFFICIENT TO BURN THE

BEJESUS POUT OF THE VALLEY FIRST AND THEN SEND IN THE CAVALRY

What about the volunteers...dont their lives matter

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=268237807443952&external_log_id=cf9e00f0a6e097f1db86e4cb816ab386&q...

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

a big thank you for your "sympathy" to the WRC who are still trying to use the roads in the middle of the fireground for their rally and cant understand why they cant get access as it would make great TV... and wait for it and i quote "THE ROADS ARE NOT BURNT WE COULD STILL USETHEM"

All of Saturdays intended routes are within this fire ground. Had some numpty euro kook who asked me in broken english if him and his matescould camp down on the flat that is now like a charred apocolyptic scene from amovie

WRC bushfires snip.JPG

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Don't buy a citroen... they could not give a rat's (FB link)

https://www.facebook.com/brad.overell/posts/10218926900257223

"Sitting on the veranda of our motel due to bush fire extremely close to our house and see one of the world rally team members through out a lite cigarette from there car into a pile of leaves. When I sung out to him and he looked at me a asked if he wanted to put it out as we had enough bush fire here at the moment. He just drove off

Great job Citroen team great job."

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

a poist from further down that thread

Andrew S#### :Hey mate. F##k the motel. I've got a place for you... Ring me.... it's yours

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Bob (the cowboy) is my first cousin. Over his shoulder in the paddock beyond is what is left of another first cousins house. She was almost too upset to speak9which is very very unusual)

Our great grandfather was the first person to select land at South Arm in 1852..... oh well at least they saved "knackers"

https://www.nbnnews.com.au/2019/11/09/residents-face-the-aftermath-of-south-arm-fire/

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

at least the smoke is better today, yesterday we couldnt see the sun at all. This is taken about 5 kms away as the crow flies from the nearest firefront

DSCF0021.JPGDSCF0019.JPG

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

"Don't buy a citroen... they could not give a rat's"

Don't buy a house built of flammable materials in a densely-treed area of Australia and then act surprised and shocked when it one day burns down in a bushfire as you know it eventually will.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Yeah i know what you mean about densely treed.... today the same fire from a month ago is spotting 3km ahead of the fireline in sparse brown paddocks. the pub with no beer will soon be the pub with no roof, walls floor or beer. the majority of the 59 dwellings lost so far in the nambucca valley were surrounded by paddocks not trees...  note the spotting in the paddock ....where do you think the farmers should live??

fires

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

a mere 3000 square kms between the two fires.. a little bit bigger in size than Samoa

fires6-121.JPG

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply