13 REPLIES 13

I never really liked Grant Hackett

He was alright at the time.

I suppose it's hard to make the transition back into everyday life after being an Olympic God.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I didn't either. 

Kieren Perkins is my fave male swimmer.

image host
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

I didn't either. 

Kieren Perkins is my fave male swimmer.

Looking like a sore loser, how can he even think about beating an 18 year old?

Photobucket
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Pretty unlikely but he's entitled to have a go.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Grant Hackett was subjected to a death threat that his former policeman father took very seriously. That, changed him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Unfortunately we do not deprogramme our sport stars we teach them how to win but we never teach them how to loose or retire, when winning becomes your life the high that brings becomes edictive and can be hard to come down from which is why many athletes turn to drugs and booze to replace it.

to borrow a line from John candy in cool runnings " if your not good enough without a gold medal you will never be good enough with one"

Photobucket
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

really, what a beat up.  yes he was drunk, but sexual assault?  who made this bloke judge and jury, a personal apology and a donation to my favourite charity.  please.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

For the life of me I can't understand why Mr Hackett doesn't pursue a career in the ring. He seems to have the basics right and all he needs is a good trainer and manager.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Channel 9 have 4 crew members in prison in Lebanon and we have a grubby jurno chasing after the fellow who was assaulted by Hackett asking him how his nipple is today - grubs!!!

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply