If POLITICAL threads were banned

nero_bolt
Community Member

If POLITICAL threads were banned from CS what would you all talk about?

Cats, dogs, knitting, cooking,  the latest boring reality show? WHAT 

Would these boards revert to fluffy threads? Mind you the fluffy touchy feely threads can get rather agro as well.

So if the political threads get banned what would the mob then go after and say.. WE DONT LIKE threads about cats or dogs or cooking etc and we want to ban these threads as well..

Where would their banning stop

So what would these forums be like with no political threads...... all touchy feely and fluffy?

Message 1 of 67
Latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

j*oono
Community Member

Yes.  All of the above 😄

Personally I don't really care anymore whether the political threads have their own board.  I don't open most of them. Some I do but not the spam ones.

Joono
Message 2 of 67
Latest reply

perhaps it would be better if you didn;t constantly spam with newsltd articles.  a person can find that tripe themselves if so inclined, why not try writing up the posts yourself ? 

Message 3 of 67
Latest reply

They don't need to be banned,maybe they need their own spot somewhere.

If i want to read whinging about FVF i go to Selling

If i want to read whinging about feedback & the time it takes to receive an item,i go to Buying

If i want to see Caturday & Fursday(& yes i really do want to see that) i come to here.

Simples.

Message 4 of 67
Latest reply

Has anyone suggested political threads should be banned?

Message 5 of 67
Latest reply

i dont think so.

Message 6 of 67
Latest reply

@nero_wulf wrote:

If POLITICAL threads were banned from CS what would you all talk about?

Cats, dogs, knitting, cooking,  the latest boring reality show? WHAT 

Would these boards revert to fluffy threads? Mind you the fluffy touchy feely threads can get rather agro as well.

So if the political threads get banned what would the mob then go after and say.. WE DONT LIKE threads about cats or dogs or cooking etc and we want to ban these threads as well..

Where would their banning stop

So what would these forums be like with no political threads...... all touchy feely and fluffy?

that's the trouble isn't it? if all the ppl that like to pontificate political went off to another board the pool of contributors here would become very small.

yet if we could chase the fun & gamers off to another board by common consensus i don't see why the politickers should't get the same privilege.

either that or bring fun & games back here and widen the pool of contributors.

Message 7 of 67
Latest reply

I'd say Good Morning 

Message 8 of 67
Latest reply

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

Has anyone suggested political threads should be banned?

If they are given their own board and not permitted here.

They would be banned here aka off topic/reportable.

Message 9 of 67
Latest reply

if political threads were banned, wanna be pollies would go back to doing what they do best, selling goldfish for example

Message 10 of 67
Latest reply