Is this acceptable?

I bought a cardi from on line shop (not eBay)  that says returns wih no questions asked.  Well, I did not like it; in the photos they managed to hide that it has one of those short skinny sleeves that would make it look good on Tyronosaures Rex.
So, I sent it back after few days contemplainting, that was week ago, and the tracking shows it was delived last week.  When there was no refund as yet I went back to the store, and after reading through their refund policy, I found that it might take 30 day!

Does anybody know what do the trading laws say about that? 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Is this acceptable?

*kazumi*, I know to which store you're referring. Beautiful quality wool and some nice colours - but if you're not happy with any purchase from them, WO have an excellent reputation. I don't think you need worry; they are sure to honour their refund policy.

As Kopenhagen says, you'll probably get your refund sooner than 30 days, and I agree it's a "safety measure" for worst case scenarios / difficult situations. Yours should be quite straightforward, and I would anticipate that a 2-week timeframe is more likely for your refund. Don't forget that the parcel has to be received, processed, paperwork checked, item checked... and then the refund to be approved. It can't just be a button pressing exercise.

Did you buy from the UK or the Australian site? (I actually find the UK site better value!) At any rate, the Australian phone number (if you want to call them to enquire on the status of your refund) is 02 8607 8687. If you bought from the UK site, then the UK number is probably best: +44 1444 462790.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Is this acceptable?

Generally, a store does not have to give a refund or replacement if a customer simply changes their mind about a product. Under the Australian Consumer Law, the customer is only entitled to a refund or replacement for a major problem with a product covered by consumer guarantees.

https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/products-and-services/business-practices/store-policies/change-of-mi...

I don't think there is a time frame for refunds to be delivered to consumer except that it needs to be within a reasonable time frame to the type of item and type of transaction. 

And 30 days for a business is considered reasonable in my experience, especially if it is in their T&C's.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Is this acceptable?

Yes, but lots of stores say return (at the customers' cost) and no questions asked.  I just sent shoes back to America and the refund came through as soon as the shoes were delivered back.
i wonder if I should open PP case.  Because after 30 days the tracking may not show up anymore, and i did not take any photos.  I never needed to do that.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Is this acceptable?

Even though the store terms state could take up to 30 days, I would contact the store and ask when you will receive the refund.

Don't mention the 'up to 30 days'.

I think you will find that is only a safety measure in place in case there are disputes, so the store is not pressured to refunding until everything is in agreement.

You will probably get the refund a lot sooner.

image host
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Is this acceptable?

i think no matter what was on the website re returns, i would have contacted the store first to make sure they would honor the websites wording.

so i wouldnt wind up without my money and the item.

i hardly buy anything from online shops, target and big-w are about the only ones and they do supply return labels for returns.

i used the service once to change some shirts to a bigger size.

even when you know your size the sizes from one company can differ from another.

sent my shirts back and recieved a new delivery about a week later.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Is this acceptable?

I am not up to traipsing around shops, so for the past 3 or 4 years I buy everything on line.  Shops are fine with accepting refunds when the item is sent in as it was.  
This is from the RETURNS section, so I felt confident there will not be a problem:

"With our unique sizing chart, and our fine quality knitwear, we are confident that you will be satisfied with your purchase...

However, if FOR ANY REASON you are not satisfied with the garment when you receive it, we will refund the full amount of the garment to your credit or debit card.

You may return any item WITHIN 28 days of purchase for a refund providing it is in its original condition. For Sale or Clearance items, this period is reduced to 14 days. Finally due to hygiene reasons, hats and socks are excluded from our returns policy and cannot be returned or their purchase refunded.

You can re-use the bag which your items were sent in. Simply write your request on the statement you received with your goods and send it back to us.

We will process your return as quickly as we can but during our busy times this could take up to 20 days and our returns are dealt with in the order in which they are received. "

Then further down
"

If I request a refund, how soon will I be reimbursed?

We endeavor to make sure all refunds are made as quickly as possible. In high season (during the winter and particularly in the run-up to and after Christmas) reimbursement may take up to 30 days from receipt of your returned item."

It really does not take that long to hit the refund button in PP.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Is this acceptable?

*kazumi*, I know to which store you're referring. Beautiful quality wool and some nice colours - but if you're not happy with any purchase from them, WO have an excellent reputation. I don't think you need worry; they are sure to honour their refund policy.

As Kopenhagen says, you'll probably get your refund sooner than 30 days, and I agree it's a "safety measure" for worst case scenarios / difficult situations. Yours should be quite straightforward, and I would anticipate that a 2-week timeframe is more likely for your refund. Don't forget that the parcel has to be received, processed, paperwork checked, item checked... and then the refund to be approved. It can't just be a button pressing exercise.

Did you buy from the UK or the Australian site? (I actually find the UK site better value!) At any rate, the Australian phone number (if you want to call them to enquire on the status of your refund) is 02 8607 8687. If you bought from the UK site, then the UK number is probably best: +44 1444 462790.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Is this acceptable?

Thanks countess, it was the Australian store. 

Have to look up the UK one, but shipping from UK has gone up so much lately. 
I have another sweater from them but I am actually not impressed with their sizing and descriptions.  As I have bad arthritis in my shoulders, and very limited movement,  I have to buy all tops couple of sizes bigger.  They recommended in the description of this cardigan  for people to buy size down, so I bought only one size up.  If I got one 2 sizes up, it could have been better.  Then I bought a sweater 2 sizes up and now wish I went another sizeup; they also said it is on larger side.
When I sell some clothing I always include at least one photo of it flat on the table with measurement armpit to armpit, and shoulder to hem.  That way people could see exactly the shape of the thing and how big it is.  Saying will fit size 12  means nothing, some people like it skin tight some people want it very loose............

This is it, on the model.  On me the sleeves do not reach anywhere near the wrist. 

16983_a120l_navy_w_3.jpg

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply