Isnt The Average Family Meant To Save $500 pa In Electricity Now The Carbon Tax Is Gone?

Not according to the letter I received from my electricity supplier today, more like $145 saving

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Isnt The Average Family Meant To Save $500 pa In Electricity Now The Carbon Tax Is Gone?

That would be calculated on a percentage of your total usage..... does the letter say the percentage?

siggie-reported-by-alarmists..............
Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

No, it doesnt, just says my annual saving will be approx $145 which is NOTHING like $500 that was indicated by Abbott

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

Right... perhaps your bills are below the average?.... what would you pay per quarter?

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

Hi bushies, we have letters from AGL & our gas provided saying we'll get a 7 1/2 percent discount. But how do you really know when they're always offering you discounts like that? I don't think it will amount to very much for us.

Some people here have said their councils are offering small refunds ($35.00 or so) our council has not offered anything.

& nothing else has come down in price that I'm aware of, I actually think food has gone up a bit
Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

To the OP-Bushies girl.

Think the governments idea of an average family income is about $2000 a week.

Us peasants on less than that-recieve less refunds-......................Richo.

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

cezm
Community Member

Last week we received a letter from our power provider saying prices would rise 13+% due to factors outside its control.

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

I am with AGL as well for electricty. The letter they sent this week said 7.8% reduction in energy rates, back dated to 1 July 2014. That will mean a saving of around $23 of my last 3 monthly account which they will refund in 3 months time. whoop-de-doo.

No gas here, no savings there.

15 July 2014

The Government has promised the move will save the average family $550 a year, but it's a hotly contested claim. 

TONY ABBOTT, PRIME MINISTER (Aug '13): We will scrap the carbon tax so that your family will be $550 a year better off.

TONY ABBOTT (last week): It's a $550-a-year hit on the average household's costs.

TONY ABBOTT (Saturday): It's costing the average Australian families $550 a year. So it must go.

Mr Abbott's claim is overstated.

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

No natural gas here , I have bottled gas for my cook top ( no rebate ) and solid fuel heating ( approx $500 for wood ) and of course, no rebate for that either.  So based on those figures I save a massive $35 a quarter, well golly gee Mr Abbott you really need to re do your sums.

No council rebate here either and yes food has increased dramatically in the past 12 months in my opinion

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

http://www.agl.com.au/residential/energy-plans/carbon-tax-repeal

What effect will carbon repeal have on my energy prices? We estimate that the average AGL residential and small business gas and

electricity customers will see the following approximate savings off their bills from 1 July 2014 to 30 June 2015. However your

individual impact will vary depending on your specific circumstances and energy usage.

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply