Kyrgios fined $166,000

Nick Kyrgios fined $166,000 by ATP for unsportsmanlike conduct and verbal abuse

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-16/nick-kyrgios-fined-$166000-by-atp-for-cincinnati-meltdown/114...

its about time they cut up his membership card and said 'dont come monday'

there are kids watching this fool and possibly thinking this is how you behave when your not happy

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Kyrgios fined $166,000

I do not watch tennis.... and I would go as far as admitting that I dislike it with a passion..... 

however, I for one am scratching my head as to why this bloke is even allowed to continue to represent the tennis sporting industry? 

When a footballer behaves badly during the course of the game, they often not only receive a fine, but also a penalty. Often represented in a ban from playing for a few games etc.... 

Why doesn’t the Tennis Officials tell this angry angry player that he has a $166,000 fine and banned from playing for 2 tournaments etc? 

Im sure the loss of his finances might help him understand the value of acting professionally while in the public eye and representing an sporting industry! 

My grandmother (picture below) would be turning in her grave about Nicks abhorrent behaviour.

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ This is my grandmother. In this photo, she is 19 yrs old (1933) and she was NSW tennis champion. She is pictured with ‘some’ of her trophies. I wish I had one, but unfortunately they were long gone many many years ago. 

And, I’d just like to add, this era was LONG tennis dresses..... a clothing barrier to being able to run around the court freely I’d imagine. 

My my grandmother was ‘made’ to quit the sport once she married at age 22. Hence, all her grandchildren were ...... errrrr..... ‘encouraged’ yes, let’s go with that...... to attend every single tennis coaching camp that came within cooee of our small country town...... hence why I dislike the game with a passion. Unfortunately, I was damn good at it too...... 

119113FA-7B89-4192-B17B-49F9DE453CCD.jpeg

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Kyrgios fined $166,000

martinw-48
Community Member
If they ban players for bad behaviour they will decrease the money making opportunity.
Football clubs have players to replace those that are suspended.
Replacement football players have a similar standard of skill level too
If you have to replace a known tennis player with an unknown unseeded player then you lose your audience
So there won't be as many cows walking into the shed to milk
Everthing is about the money
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Kyrgios fined $166,000

@martinw-48 wrote:
If they ban players for bad behaviour they will decrease the money making opportunity.
Football clubs have players to replace those that are suspended.
Replacement football players have a similar standard of skill level too
If you have to replace a known tennis player with an unknown unseeded player then you lose your audience
So there won't be as many cows walking into the shed to milk
Everthing is about the money

There’s no need to replace the banned player.... they forfiet and their opposition gets an automatic win and the benefits to that win! Be it financial or whatever! 

But i do agree with you about everything being about $$$$.... and isn’t that a damn shame! 

Id like to see sportsmanship come back into sport, and if our high ranking representatives can’t behave accordingly, then get rid of them! End of story! 

They’ll soon learn the error of their ways, and if they don’t, then they will be looking for a new career. So sad, too bad! NOT!!! 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Kyrgios fined $166,000

I think some of it is definitely about the money.

Some is about the talent. People with talent can get away with some bad behaviour because their skills are in demand.

Some of it though, I suspect, comes with the territory. To be a really top player in some sports (not sure about tennis as such but eg football) a certain amount of feistiness and aggression in the character probably pays off. it's part of their drive.

But there have to be limits when it comes to acceptance of bad behaviour. A bit of leeway perhaps for volitility, but not unconditional acceptance.

I once taught a boy who went on to become good at his sport. He claimed that what really spurred him on was at secondary school level, he was dropped from the team. It was a wake up call.  The reason he was dropped was he never turned up to training and after umpteen warnings, he was out. The reason he didn't turn up was he felt he was better than the other players and didn't think he needed to bother. He was probably correct in that he was the best player, but being dropped apparently taught him he was wanted, but not at any price. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply