Life, death and a sleepy lizard

such a lovely story, lets hope someone picks up the pieces and continues this great work.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-16/life-death-and-grief-of-the-sleepy-lizard/8442252

my youth was often spent with the sleepy lizards and their smooth cousins the blue tounge lizards.

i'm allways disgusted at the way some drivers run them over on purpose. its not difficult to go around them.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Interesting story!

Thanks for the link.

As for people who would deliberately hit an animal, you have to wonder what sort of characters they have. Did you hear that some platypuses were found recently, decapitated? What sort of sick mind does this? If people will kill animals sadistically for fun, you have to wonder how they treat fellow human beings.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

i did hear about the platypus incident and well, i see/read things most days that make me realise just how many nasty people we live with.

some baby koalas were taken from a animal carers home a few days ago, they require special food or they will die. they have been missing since last week now, idiots think you just feed em ordinary food.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I found this article just fascinating

It's remarkable what inspires people to  deep passion .....   whether it's collecting great art,   or learning about lizards!

Professor Bull and later his associate Dale Burzacott were totally dedicated in their passion.  

"The national environmental infrastructure tells us about how the environment is performing and how it is changing in relation to other changes — it might be land use, climate change or it might be other things that we don't even understand yet."

I can't quite see how lizards come into this, but I'm not an environmentalist.  

It seems though that now with the death of both the key people the project will fade away . 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply