Looks like we've hit another all time low.

http://www.news.com.au/world/knockout-game-is-killing-innocent-civilians/story-fndir2ev-122676298776...

THE resurgence of a dangerously violent street game that targets innocent bystanders has left people dead and others fearing for their lives.

The aim of the game, known as Knockout, is to approach an unsuspecting passerby and punch them so powerfully they are knocked unconscious. The attacks are violent, deliberate and in some cases, fatal.

Why? Simply "for the fun of it," said one teenage participant.

Wow, I don't get shocked too often by the stupidity of people, but this one takes the cake. 

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

you didn't mention this line:

"Both the New York Police Department and London Metropolitan believe the attacks are evolving into predominantly race-based hate crimes."

Which race against which race is not clarified.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

pretty vague story, linking incidents that may not be linked. the talk is from NY and the video from london.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

"They think it's funny," said another.

"They just go, boom, when it's the right time and the right place.

"It could be anybody, it could be a mother with her children. It's a macho thing."

is this a cadet journalist or what ?  pure invention.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

@lakeland27 wrote:

"They think it's funny," said another.

"They just go, boom, when it's the right time and the right place.

"It could be anybody, it could be a mother with her children. It's a macho thing."

is this a cadet journalist or what ?  pure invention.

"Pure invention" because you don't want to believe it, Lakey?

the quotes are by the participants and relayed by the journalist.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

no , because i dont believe it at all Smiley Happy have a closer look. what links the incidents ? video from London, story from the US ?

the lines from the so called teenagers are badly worded,  who speaks like that ?

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Most of the accounts I have seen on Google are from radical right wing websites and blogs - the attackers are always said to be black and the the violence is claimed to be racist, specifically targetting either whites or Jews, depending on which  version of the story you read. To my mind ths story has all the elements of a  particularly nasty and racist  urban myth. built on a handful of unrelated incidents.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

Most of the accounts I have seen on Google are from radical right wing websites and blogs - the attackers are always said to be black and the the violence is claimed to be racist, specifically targetting either whites or Jews, depending on which  version of the story you read. To my mind ths story has all the elements of a  particularly nasty and racist  urban myth. built on a handful of unrelated incidents.

so...a conspiracy from the whiteys to make other races look bad, she-el?

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

more like a story concocted for a slow news day , something to fire people up in true Newsltd style. 

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

a bit like 'whats a good story to get this sentiment across'  the sentiment predede's the story.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply