Medical Marijuana

Baird has just announced that trials will take place from tomorrow.

No need, they have been done already in other parts of the world.

Australia can be so behind the times sometimes

Medicinal marijuana: NSW to run trials for epileptic children, terminally ill adults and cancer patients

Updated 31 minutes agoSun 21 Dec 2014, 10:51am

Medicinal cannabis will be used to treat children with severe epilepsy as part of a clinical trial in New South Wales.

The NSW Government will also fund trials of the drug's use on terminally ill adults and chemotherapy patients who suffer nausea and vomiting as a result of their treatment.

Premier Mike Baird said up to $9 million would be spent on at least three trials of cannabis-derived medicines to examine the benefits for patients suffering a range of debilitating illnesses.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-21/medicinal-marijuana-nsw-govt-to-run-trial-for-epileptic-childr...

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Medical Marijuana

Polks it just seems logical. If all else fails, why not, in all honesty give it a go. It is just Red tape that is holding it back. I saw my own Mum died of this Vile Disease and I wish I could have got it then. The amount of pain she was suffering from and the Morphine etc wasn't helping at that stage, I would have given my left leg to give her some.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Medical Marijuana

aps1080
Community Member

Agree, I do wonder why everyone has to do their own trials when all results should and likely would be reviewed by peers before being published.

As though letting cannabis derived medicines is going to create a heap of addicts.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

Medical Marijuana

Great coming from a conservative govt.  Hope other states wake up soon and there is a domino result.

It better be in place in Qld. when I need it, although it is as easy to get hold of as a pizza, and always has been.

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

Medical Marijuana

I believe the Victorian Government is doing it as well.

Can't comment on other states, apart from NSW because both announced it about the same time.

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

Medical Marijuana

@aps1080 wrote:

Agree, I do wonder why everyone has to do their own trials when all results should and likely would be reviewed by peers before being published.

As though letting cannabis derived medicines is going to create a heap of addicts.

I can't speak for everyone, but I happen to enjoy doing my own trials.....now, where did I leave that bag of Cheetos?

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Medical Marijuana

aps, I personally know an Elderly Lady at the age of 88 who is suffering from Cancer. She was on so many pills it was just awful. She is now having Marijuana and has never been so well. Her medications are now minimal, her appetite has increased, she has more energy and her quality of life is 10 fold. It is just amazing to see the difference in all aspects of her life. BTW she does not sit in her room with flashing lights and listening to Pink Floyd Music.  She is now enjoying things, which at her age & condition is MAGIC !!!!!

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

Medical Marijuana

That's an excellent example of the benefits, Horizon.

Baird also said that the authorities will not prosecute elderly and others who are already using it.

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

Medical Marijuana

horizon

I have read quite a bit on people using it and yes, it does seem to have a great effect.

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

Medical Marijuana

Polks it just seems logical. If all else fails, why not, in all honesty give it a go. It is just Red tape that is holding it back. I saw my own Mum died of this Vile Disease and I wish I could have got it then. The amount of pain she was suffering from and the Morphine etc wasn't helping at that stage, I would have given my left leg to give her some.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

Medical Marijuana

Not to appear too naive, but isn't whacky weed expensive. So wouldn't it be out of the reach of pensioners if on a regular basis.

Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light.
Message 10 of 21
Latest reply