Melbourne police break innocent man's arm

Melbourne police break man's arm in mistaken arrest at Fitzroy's Hares & Hyenas bookshop

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-12/melbourne-police-apologise-hares-and-hyenas-fitzroy-raid/1110...

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Looks like they've lifted their game...not so long ago he would have been shot.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

It's not the first time police have been over zealous.

Remember the poor woman who lost her two children to carbon monoxide poisioning (faulty heater) and nearly died herself?  The police took her as a suspect in their deaths because 'she was evasive' (of course you would be if you were exposed to carbon monoxide) .  I'm not blaming the police for that, but when she was pulled out of the divvy van the police were so rough with her that they dislocated her shoulder, ignored her cries of pain and it was only after she collapsed hours later that she was finally sent to hospital where they realised she was suffering from the effects of carbon monoxide poisioning and of course that she had sustained physical injury as well.

I saw an interview with her and her ex husband and she kind of glossed over how her arm was permanently damaged due to the police manhandling her.  I guess she was keen to promote awareness of the dangers of carbon monoxide.  If I'd been in her shoes I'd have stuck the police to it and sued them.  They already had her 'captured' so there was no need to be so rough.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

more over zealous policing?

NSW Police reject father's claims he was kicked out of A-League game over disabled toilet row

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-13/nsw-police-evict-man-from-a-league-after-argument-over-toilet...

someones telling porkies and unfortunately police have a bad reputation for bending the truth

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Just saw this on the news tonight.  I think on this occasion I might believe the police.  Apparently the guy was kicked out of a game a few years ago for causing a ruckus.  The police say that his daughter was not with him when he was attempting to get into the restricted area.

BUUUT........I wasn't there so who knows what the truth is?

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply