Storms, gales,  torrential rain,

\Flash floods

May start during the night

Just a heads up for my fellow suffferers

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Melbourne severe weather warning

having some pretty wild weather here, we had a flash storm earlier aroung 5pm, lightning and thunder then some heavy rain.

now its very very windy.

btw, for anyone who doesnt know here is wallaroo south australia.

Message 2 of 39
Latest reply

I'm not at all happy with today's forecast as I have to drive way over to a distant suburb today. Hate driving in heavy rain. So far, not too bad, I'd be tempted to set off now except it happens to be heading into peak hours! I'm in Endeavour Hills, Melbourne.

Message 3 of 39
Latest reply

Have had 20mm so far this morning, pouring here atm    ...... Need to do the grocery shopping n shops are 30km away, going to be a wet trip

Message 4 of 39
Latest reply

Extreme weather on the way as tropical cyclone, southern low pressure system develop in the east

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-12/bom-issues-severe-weather-warning-as-major-storms-forecast/10...

wow, worst wind ive experienced here during the night, it kept blowing my locked front door open!

i think it was moving the house frame so much it was popping the door lock!

i had to get a piece of 4x2 cut it to length and jam it against the wall and door to stop it.

Message 5 of 39
Latest reply

IMG_2217.JPG

Message 6 of 39
Latest reply

we were lucky in Melbourne last night...  the severe thunderstorms missed us... I had a look at the BOM radar and the the storms went right along the coast, but missed us .... it's just raining steadily here atm so far.

Im supposed to be going out this afternoon but I'll wait and see what the weather"is like.. I hate driving in the rain  and don't want to be driving through flooded roads, so I may have to cancel

Message 7 of 39
Latest reply

We've had 49 mm so far,(streets will be flooded in town and shops will have sandbags out as the drainage

can't cope with quick solid rain like this).

I'm in Yarrawonga,(Mid North Victoria).

Message 8 of 39
Latest reply

Nice steady rain in south-west Vic. Light but steady. Yesterday all the rain was skirting around to the north of us.
Message 9 of 39
Latest reply

@go-tazz wrote:

We've had 49 mm so far,(streets will be flooded in town and shops will have sandbags out as the drainage

can't cope with quick solid rain like this).

I'm in Yarrawonga,(Mid North Victoria).

geez sounds like your really copping it there tazz

we're much the same as brerrabbit so far..  just steady rain... 

Message 10 of 39
Latest reply