NBN, Pulling my hair out

Hope someone can give me a bit of advice. On 10th November we moved into our new place where I was delighted to find out from TPG (our internet provider) that the address was NBN ready and they could do a phone/internet bundle. TPG arranged for a contractor to come out and put the box/wiring inside the house. This was done within 10 days. However, the contractor couldn't get the service to connect. He showed me why. The wire hanging from the telegraph pole was ours. NBN had marked it off as being fully wired.

Just before Christmas the team of contractors came out and brought the wires overhead from the pole to our house and attached wires to the NBN box. He said to me you are right to go. I rang TPG to tell them the work had been done (even NBN didn't know the contractor was coming out) and could they get things going for us. They contacted NBN who said there was a network shortfall and a technician is required to look at it.  TPG phone NBN daily for updates and they still can't give a date as to when the problem will be fixed. I have phoned NBN myself and been told the same thing.

Phoning NBN is useless as it is only a call centre. Can anyone suggest someone I could contact to get something done. It is a big NBN stuff up from the start and I am sick of paying big bucks for mobile broadband.

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

NBN, Pulling my hair out

Well, would you believe I have just had my phone/internet connected by NBN yesterday. Only took 3 months. Ended up going to my local federal minister who got things rolling. Thanks everyone for all your help.

View solution in original post

Message 45 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

NBN, Pulling my hair out

Call Parliament House of Australia in Canberra, ACT.

Ask for Mr Malcolm Turnbull.

Message 2 of 45
Latest reply

NBN, Pulling my hair out

NBN, LNP style.

I have been connected twice to the NBN, once in 2011 and current connection was in 2014 (under LNP Govt but work signed under Labor Contract so not LNP NBN policy). No problems at all.

All you can do is keep on at TPG, they are able to request NBN to do work, to get people connected.

Message 3 of 45
Latest reply

NBN, Pulling my hair out

why not start at the top?

The ex Prime Monster, Julia sold the 43 billion dollar White Elephant aided by her sidekick Conjob. to get votes.

Then we all woke up and got shot of them but the mess was left for the the incoming government to clean up, mammoth job.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 4 of 45
Latest reply

NBN, Pulling my hair out

The problems started under the LNP's fibre to the node.. not under Labor's fibre to the premises.

Message 5 of 45
Latest reply

NBN, Pulling my hair out

Go back even further to when I was in the computer industry 20+ years ago, someone forward thinking - like Labors Barry Jones - should have knovcked some heads together and got EVERY new housing estate wired up as a minimum, with the standard changing as new things introduced.

Now we are reactive to what should have been done when new.

Message 6 of 45
Latest reply

NBN, Pulling my hair out

The problem started with people promising something that could not be delivered even at an over inflated price.

it was a matter of the stupid being conned by a shonk in order to get the young votes and the votes of the uninformed gullible voters.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 7 of 45
Latest reply

NBN, Pulling my hair out

yep, ageed.....but meanwhile, back on the ranch - call Mr Malcolm Turnbull.

Message 8 of 45
Latest reply

NBN, Pulling my hair out

Spoken like someone who has an adequate ADLS connection and doesnโ€™t need or want something better.

Of course these people forget that there are millions of Australians who donโ€™t have an ADLS connection, people, who if they need an internet service, and these days who doesnโ€™t, are totally reliant on the high cost alternative (mobile broadband) which is usually being provided by a tower with inadequate capacity, so that, at peak periods you're lucky to get a connection at all.

Message 9 of 45
Latest reply

NBN, Pulling my hair out

Sorry to tell you corgi, but it doesn't get any better.

We were one of the first towns to be put onto the NBN and it is still not working properly.

They were in the street again this week trying to fix problems.

We had the same probs with the call centre until I told them that I was lodging a complaint with the Telecommunications Ombudsman. We seemed to get some quick help after that.

Always make sure that you get the name of the person you speak to and the time and date.

Good luck with it, I think that you will need it.

Message 10 of 45
Latest reply