NZ IS SHAKING BABY

Civil Defence text woke me up at 6 oclock this morning, then 6.30 again, then my sister texted, I just wanted to sleep never felt a thing.

Just as well this did not happen when I was having my Operation in Whakatane Hospital

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/raw-supermarket-shelves-rock-back-and-forth-bottles-come...

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

NZ IS SHAKING BABY

Oh my!   That is scary, the whole of the north island felt that and north of the south island was affected too.  So glad there wasn't a big tsunami Rose and that everyone (and you) is safe.

Hope White Island isn't about to have a major eruption ...  Smiley Surprised

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

NZ IS SHAKING BABY

Lionrose, thankfully the quake was not closer to the land. It must have been a frightful experience, especially for those that are just recovering from the last disaster.

Hopefully the tsunami will peter out before reaching land.

I'm glad to hear you are alright.

Erica

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

NZ IS SHAKING BABY

ecar3483
Community Member

I'm glad you're okay, and from the rather sketchy reports filtering in from tne news, there's been no damage done.

🙂

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

NZ IS SHAKING BABY

I never felt a thing, guy nextdoor said he woke up with china rattling, it would have to be a big earthquake to wake me at that time in the morning.

I only checked the text because I was worried it may be one of the children, old children, but once a mother always a mother

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

NZ IS SHAKING BABY

It was a Tsunami warning that is the big worry not so much the earthquake

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply