New ID's

How can a new ID made on 23rd of December be changed to another name on the same day? I thought ebay policy rules were a new ID couldn't be changed for a month?

Does anyone know?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

New ID's

@freddie*rooster wrote:

They registered a new ID 23rd December and changed that ID on 23rd December?

Freddie, you don't get to choose your ID when you register. Ebay takes your registered name (e.g. Eunice Hughes),  scrambles some of the letters and assigns you an id (e.g.  hugheeunic)

You can change the ebay assigned id to one of your own preference on the same day you registered if you like, but after that the normal 30 day rule applies.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

New ID's

Probably the same way that IDs that are banned can continually make new ones to post with...often within minutes of one being banned.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

New ID's

j*oono
Community Member

Freddie, I think it's because now when someone starts an account ebay gives you your first id and then you can change the name to what you want.

Maybe people were not joining up because all the account names they tried were already taken.

Joono
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

New ID's

@j*oono wrote:

Freddie, I think it's because now when someone starts an account ebay gives you your first id and then you can change the name to what you want.

That's correct,you can change your ID once in a 30 day period,(so they only changed their original ID),good.gif
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

New ID's

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

New ID's

@freddie*rooster wrote:

Freddie, you don't get to choose your ID when you register. Ebay takes your registered name (e.g. Eunice Hughes),  scrambles some of the letters and assigns you an id (e.g.  hugheeunic)

You can change the ebay assigned id to one of your own preference on the same day you registered if you like, but after that the normal 30 day rule applies.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

New ID's

Oh thanks that must have changed over time, it was once you registered your choice of ID and that chosen ID was it and you were unable to change it for 30 days.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

New ID's

Yes I know. It gave me a fright when I registered and it used my details Smiley Surprised  

Some of the new id's seem to have   _au added to them by ebay. I don't know why they are different

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply