Next time you fill a script ...

Is a little humbling , after sneaking a price comparison 

Chloroquine  (Plaguenil)

Australia 100 x 200g tabs

https://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/buy/7160/Plaquenil-200mg-Tablets-100

Elsewhere over the pond 100 x 250g tabs

https://www.goodrx.com/chloroquine-phosphate?dosage=250mg&form=tablet&label_override=chloroquine+pho...

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I don't have malaria or COVID-19, so I don't have a prescription.

Nor, I imagine, do most Australians.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Then you have your eyes closed.  People are worried about their prescriptions.  Not for malaria or covid-19 but elderly people here are relying on prescription medication and they are a little bit frightened..

I don't like the idea of people buying their medication online.  It's safer in your own community.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

I have taken plaquenil (and quinate) for chronic recurring Q fever..... the side effects are marginally more tolerable than Q fever's symptoms.

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

I should add i have to have a full eye examination every 3 months when I take it and also a liver function test once a month. It is certainly not a benign drug.

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

I was just investigating whether Chloroquine is affordable - I have nenewed gratefulness as to the Australian health care system regarding prices for medicine. ( not so overjoyed with the subjective worthiness/quality of care relationship )  

Why Chloroquine ?

Seems the Chinese consider it helpful, even as early as February 

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

@rogespeed wrote:

I was just investigating whether Chloroquine is affordable - I have nenewed gratefulness as to the Australian health care system regarding prices for medicine. ( not so overjoyed with the subjective worthiness/quality of care relationship )  

Why Chloroquine ?

Doing a ' please explain ' here.

Well - if you are able.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

@rogespeed wrote:

Why Chloroquine ?

Doing a ' please explain ' here.

Well - if you are able.

nenewed gratefulness means I did not realise script medicine was so relatively low cost comapred with some other medically advanced and health accessable countries , so am impresssed and grateful more so 

Noted this here to maybe enlighten others who never get ill and whereby the cost of medical drugs has not been an issue 

Subjective worthiness relates to the Australian class system and how public image , personal repute and non-medical influences can deteremine level of care , which maybe different person to person ( although generally much the same ) 

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

What can I say.

Now I almost understand. 

Well - not so much. lol

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

What can I say.

Now I almost understand. 

Well - not so much. lol

Lucky you, I don't even 'almost'.

I suppose there's a remote possibility that English is the OPs second language.  Otherwise ...... shakes head lol.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply