Passwords- So you think your passwords are safe?

baybizz
Community Member

Think you have a strong password? Hackers crack 16-character passwords in less than an hour...

www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2331984/password-hackers

and 200+ comments

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

So, what your thread suggests is that we simply do away with passwords?  Bletchly Park cracked the Enigma code way back in '43 and they had primitive machines.  If you run into a real hacker, you're toast........but innovative passwords will keep your secrets safe from the run-of-the-mill miscreant. Don't use your birth date, your wife's measurements, or your favorite vacation spot as a password........

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I see that your article is dated May, 2013.  Hacking has most probably improved in 2 years.

One just hopes that it is the good guys that are better at it than the baddies. 

DEB

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Every time I log in to eBay, I get a message from Norton saying; "Yikes, your password is not very secure. You have to change it."

I change my passwords every now and then and will do it when I like, not when I am told by a message on the screen. Nobodys passwords are secure anymore when it comes to hackers. I just make sure my mail and Bank passwords are changed often.

Not that I have anything to hide or a lot of money to be stolen, but even young kids learn how to hack into others computers and think it is fun.

Erica

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply