Perth's average petrol price soars to record high

Perth's average petrol price soars to record high thanks to market and geopolitical instability

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-02/perth-average-petrol-price-soars-to-record-high/10327744

i really dont get the queing up to save a couple of bucks on fuel, its not like they wont get you next time.

and its not like your buying a 6 month supply at a better price.

its maybe 1 tank of fuel if your on empty. you will still have to buy it next week.

same as i dont not buy bread or milk cos its not on special. have to have it so i buy it. would i que up to save 20 cents on a loaf of bread or a 2 litre bottle of milk? nope.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

marwi_3023
Community Member
You can't begrudge people trying to save a couple of dollars in this week's budget.
Especially when living week to week
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Guess it depends where you live David, my grocery shopping etc. involves a 60km round trip, so " a cpl of bucks" off the price of my fuel, really does add up

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

where i live the price has been $1.50 a litre for a very long time, never goes down, sometimes rises to a new high.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

We live at the top of Victoria and our price has been at $159.9 for the last two weeks as it's a popular school

holidays destination,(but it's not likely to drop when they all go back home).

It's happens during most holiday periods and the ones that are supposed to keep an eye on it can't see it,(they

always say the it's part of the cycle),Angry head bang.gif

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

my routine is fill up at 1/4 full, allways approx $70 with a woollies discount docket, get a couple dollars off.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

marwi_3023
Community Member
I buy my fuel at United it's always cheaper than the other suppliers even with a discount voucher.
All the fuel suppliers in Hamilton used to have the exact same price until United took over one of the old colluders.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply