Pretty eyes

https://www.msn.com/en-au/lifestyle/familyandrelationships/mum-slammed-for-complaining-about-the-col...

Saw this 'news' item on a website.

Makes me shake my head and laugh actually. Someone should explain the laws of genetics before this woman has any more kids.

The mum says when she made the comment that it looked as if her newborn would have brown eyes and it was a shame her daughter didn't have 'pretty eyes', she just meant she wished one of her 3 children had had blue eyes like hers.

If that's her husband sitting next to her, someone should explain that as he is black, he most likely has 2 brown-eyed genes and they will dominate over a blue eyed gene every time.Smiley Very Happy

It's just the way it is and the main thing is to be grateful for eyes that can see, whether they are brown, blue or anything else.Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Pretty eyes

I did read about that. She did back track saying her daughter is 'beautiful' the way she is apparently. Not before she got roasted for her comments. 

Brown eyes are 'pretty' though imo. My kids all have brown eyes. 🙂

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Pretty eyes

@snow*jewel wrote:

I did read about that. She did back track saying her daughter is 'beautiful' the way she is apparently. Not before she got roasted for her comments. 

Brown eyes are 'pretty' though imo. My kids all have brown eyes. 🙂

as long as they work i rekon is a win, i would not wish lack of eyesight on anyone.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Pretty eyes

The family story goes that a relative said she would keep having kids until she got one with blue eyes like hers.  She had 7 kids and (thank goodness) the 7th had blue eyes...so no more kids  Mind you, her husband wasn't black. 😉

I have blue eyes and so does my sibling.  Our mother has brown eyes and our father had what was described as hazel eyes - not brown  and the colour tended to change depending on the light.  My guess is both parents carried the blue gene, as in all other respects there is no doubt of our parentage. 🙂

I personally dont think eye colour is a big deal though I read that some Hollywood stars that have very pale blue eyes don't a bit washed out in technicolour so it's not ideal.   Who looks at eye colour that closely????

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply