Reading Club - fiction & non-fiction

What y'all reading?

Seems like there's a lot of bookworms around here. I'm currently a quarter of the way through Teach Yourself Fitness, great non-fiction book mainly about the mindset and motivation behind effective exercise. If that's not your cup of tea, tell me what is below!

Message 1 of 80
Latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Hi Jess xx

I'm currently reading the whole set of Kahlil Gibran's books again.  One I've always referred to and kept close is "The Prophet".   In my opinion, it's a helpful and excellent insight.

Message 2 of 80
Latest reply

Reading Virginia Woolf's Orlando.  Just got to the second of four personalities.  Might have to re-read the book immediately after completion.  I'm sure I am missing some "secondary" comprehension.  

Of note:  It was the novel studied by one of my sisters for her HSC.  I wonder if she has re-read it since.  Must ask her.

Edit:  It is delightfully descriptive.

Message 3 of 80
Latest reply

I've read all the other Alphabet mysteries so now I'm reading "X"   by Sue Grafton.  Easy reads and likable characters. She's nearly finished the alphabet so we are wondering what she will come up with next. 

Message 4 of 80
Latest reply

Last work of fiction:
Umberto Eco-Foucault's Pendulum

Non fiction
Hugh Thomas-The Atlantic Slave Trade 1440-1870.
Message 5 of 80
Latest reply

@tasfleur wrote:

Hi Jess xx

I'm currently reading the whole set of Kahlil Gibran's books again.  One I've always referred to and kept close is "The Prophet".   In my opinion, it's a helpful and excellent insight.

Yes Tas he had great wisdom which is still so applicable today.  People like him are so gifted. and I love The Prophet. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 80
Latest reply

Oh my goodness, how do you all find such interesting books to read?!
Message 7 of 80
Latest reply

@jessicadazzler wrote:
Oh my goodness, how do you all find such interesting books to read?!

By reading threads such as this and seeing what others are reading.

I am currently reading Dianna Gabaldon's books......most for the second time.

Message 8 of 80
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I am currently reading Dianna Gabaldon's books......most for the second time.

Just finished a re-read of all of them too Lyndal.....just got Scottish Prisoner to go.  Wonderful booksSmiley Happy. Have you seen the TV series of Outlander yet?

Message 9 of 80
Latest reply

At the moment I'm re-reading another old favourite - Here Be Dragonnes by Mary Brown.  It's a trilogy of three of her stories - a beautifully written old fashioned fairy story.

Lined up next on my kindle is the fourth and final of the Convict Girls saga by Deborah Challinor - highly recommend the series to anyone interested in early Sydney history (with a bit of sleeze!Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 80
Latest reply