Reclaim Australia Rally Drowns Out Counter Protesters

Reclaim Australia protesters held their largest rally yet on Saturday in Canberra kicking of a wave of Anti-Islam demonstrations in cities across the world.

Canberra organiser Daniel Evans labelled it "preservation of Australia Day" and at the podium congratulated 250 "fellow patriots" for making the journey to the capital.

Saturday's protest was the first in a series of global rallies against the Islamisation of the West co-ordinated by German anti-immigration movement the Patriotic Europeans Against the Islamisation of the West (PEGIDA).  

As the crowd marched up Federation Mall and flooded onto a Parliament House Lawn, split in two by barricades, a dubbed version of John Lennon's track Imagine came over the PA featuring the lyrics "Imagine there's no Islam".

Born and bred ACT resident and father of three Mr Evans said the position of Reclaim Australia was broadly misunderstood by the greater community. 

"We are a multi-ethnic country but we have one culture, Australian culture," he said.

"I'm not against Muslims. I'm against the ideology of Islam. We have extremists here preaching hate. These are the ones we need to get rid of." 

Arabella McKenzie, dressed as a Suffragette complete with parasol, said she felt compelled to "roll out of her grave" and protest with Reclaim to stand up for women's rights.

"Women's right to vote was nothing compared with what women are facing today in Sharia run countries," she said.

"A lot of people say "what culture in Australia are we defending?" but there is a culture here where woman can be free, have rights and are considered equal human beings. That's a good culture to preserve." 

Entire Article Here

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

oh, i didn't realise it was a worldwide

protest. 

Message 2 of 35
Latest reply

Canberra organiser Daniel Evans labelled it "preservation of Australia Day" and at the podium congratulated 250 "fellow patriots" for making the journey to the capital.

Three months in the planning and thats all that they could muster?  24 hours notice and thousands gathered for compassion. Looks like the hate brigade is going down the gurgler, as it should.

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 3 of 35
Latest reply

Wow! 250 people? LOL

what's our population again?

I remember the first March in March ( which we attended) the crowds were estimated to be somewhere between 30,000 to 60,000 . Packed in like sardines, it took us about 2 1/2 hours to get around the corner of Bourke St.  LOL it was an interesting experience, but I don't think I'll do that again.  these reclaim rallies really do not seem to attract many people at all.

Message 4 of 35
Latest reply

"The crowd marched up Federation Mall and flooded onto a Parliament House Lawn"  All 250 of them Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 35
Latest reply

I'm still recovering from last week's protest but figure that my pain will have subsided enough for me to attend the Palm Sunday March which will be this year's big one. A young woman has walked from Melbourne and is soon to arrive in Canberra to present a pollie with a petition. I admire her dedication. I had enough trouble walking from the State Library, along Swanston St, up Bourke St, on to the Immigration Building and back again, let alone all the way to Canberra. I'd expire before I'd even leave the city.lol

Message 6 of 35
Latest reply

That's not a flood, thats a leaky tap.

Message 7 of 35
Latest reply

@bluecat*dancing wrote:

That's not a flood, thats a leaky tap.

250 drips! Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 35
Latest reply

They do not get it, do they.  Muslims are not trying to convert anybody to Islam!  That is totally the domain of Christian missioners.  Correct me if i am wrong, but through the history, was there ever another religion that had recruiters going to other countries gathering souls?

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 9 of 35
Latest reply

Muslims are not trying to convert anybody to Islam! 

of course there have been many

cases of forced conversions to

islam.  there is also a death penalty

for renouncing the faith.  

this man believes its his duty, just as

some christians do.  to say that

muslims are not trying to convert

anybody to islam, is simply not true.

Message 10 of 35
Latest reply