SA election tomorrow

A friend was telling me today that she had a list of party preferances but couldn't remember where she found them. Is there a single website that shows this information? I have tried googling but can't find what I want.

As for my local electorate, it's very disallusioning. I'm in a rural area so my choices include the Liberal candidate thats had the job for years (and will likely win again), an 87 year old Family First candidate, 2 candidates that live 400km's away and haven't bothered to campaign here at all and a very right wing independant who scares me a little 😧

The woes of living in a very safe seat, fat lot of good that it does us, we seem to be used as a cash cow to fund city development.

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

SA election tomorrow

It doesn't look like anyone else is interested but just in case. I found it...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-03/sa-group-voting-tickets/5294444

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

SA election tomorrow

Well done you !  Was looking for same but you were quicker.

It's funny reading for the Legislative Council - Shooting & Fishing, Fishing and Lifestyle - you'd think they would preference each other lol.  Maybe the lifestyle mob don't like guns ? Robot Happy

prostate cancer ribbon Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

SA election tomorrow

@pct001wine wrote:

Well done you !  Was looking for same but you were quicker.

It's funny reading for the Legislative Council - Shooting & Fishing, Fishing and Lifestyle - you'd think they would preference each other lol.  Maybe the lifestyle mob don't like guns ? Robot Happy

I read both their policy statements before the feds election. They were kind of opposites with the only commonality being fishing, from what I recall.

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

SA election tomorrow

:D:D:D

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

SA election tomorrow

Too funny.  Whatever you may think about election nerves, this was a huge gaff.  What a goose.

prostate cancer ribbon Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

SA election tomorrow

yes that was the gaff to end all gaffs for an election eve. Oh well I plan to number below the line maybe I should take a mock up with me so I don't have to decide while in the booth.

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

SA election tomorrow

I found an app at the fed election that let me fill the form out at home and copy it off my phone at the booth. I voted below the line.

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

SA election tomorrow

Oh an app would be good. I haven't found what I'm looking for yet, why do they make it so difficult? I swear they want you to be as uneducated and ignorant about the whole process as possible so you leave the preferances to them.

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

SA election tomorrow

A good mix of major parties and independents in the upper house is always a good thing.

Or if we end up with the governing party having a majority in both, anything and everything, good or bad just gets rubber stamped and passed.

If we end up with the opposition holding a majority in the upper house, anything or everything gets blocked for the sake of it.

A minority of both major parties, and the balance made up of independents representing U instead of party policy, gets everything discussed and only passed if it is the interests of the people.

Yes, I have an opinion. No you don't have to agree with it. Yes I do have a right to it.
Message 10 of 23
Latest reply