SKM Recycling will stop taking rubbish

SKM Recycling tells Victorian councils it will stop taking rubbish; waste now headed to landfill

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-26/skm-recycling-stops-collection-from-victorian-local-councils/...

i know my coucil rates had an increase a few years ago to cover the cost of the recycling of my yellow bin rubbish.

if i find my recylables are going to land fill i will want my money back.

yes, i know this story is victoria but i really dont know where my yellow bins contents go.

its one of those great mysteries in life.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@twyngwyn wrote:
NAWMA:

http://coppercoast.sa.gov.au/page.aspx?u=2131

yes, i knew that but its kinda like saying we just pass it along, i (the originator) is told 'your rubbish is being recycled'

and i can breathe happy now.

but what if its a load of **bleep**? and after being passed along the conveyor belt its just piling up somewhere OR being buried?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

"SKM promises to stop spontaneously combusting" would have been far more pleasing...

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

i remember years ago there was a ship loaded with nuclear waist that was just sailing around the world searching for someone who would take it, it had been at sea for years (obviously being refueld from time to time)

dunno what happened to it.

it would not suprise me one bit if we discovered ships were dumping rubbish in the sea.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I would be far more surprised if there was'nt 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

martinw-48
Community Member
I remember watching footage of Russians dumping forty four gallon drums of nuclear waste in the Southern Ocean.
Greenpeace had filmed them.
The French then blew up their ship the Rainbow Warrior because they were exposing their nuclear secrets too
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply