Search for woman hit by boat on Lake

joa_ell
Community Member

http://www.610wtvn.com/articles/wtvn-local-news-268656/woman-hit-by-boat-on-alum-13818311/

http://www.dispatch.com/content/slideshows/2015/08/02/woman-killed-on-alum-creek-lake.html

I seen this last night on the news,

The Ohio Department of Natural Resources searches for the body of a 19-year-old woman from Australia presumed dead after she fell while water-skiiing and was hit by a boat at Alum Creek Lake on Sunday afternoon, August 2, 2015

DELAWARE, Ohio (WTVN) -- The search was scheduled to resume Monday for a woman hit by a power boat while skiing at Alum Creek State Park. Crews using boats with sonar search until nightfall Sunday. The 19-year old woman from Australia was visiting central Ohio with a church group. She was hit by the boat at around 4 p.m. Sunday.  The operator of the boat is said to be cooperating with investigators.

I'm guessing they still have not found her body or the person or persons in the boat to hit her. It was in an area with no speed or motor horsepower restrictions were imposed. I'd also guess thats about to change. Still under investigation, talk is that no charges will be pressed if the boat who struck the woman is found. Lokking like an accedent, maybe at the very least a hit and run.

I've been to Hoover Dam, a popular fishing spot and there is a 10 HP limit on the whole lake there. Alum Creek is nearby, just alittle northwest of Hoover Dam.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

The operator of the boat is said to be cooperating with investigators.

What part of this did you just gloss over?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

The operator of the boat is said to be cooperating with investigators

The operator of the boat pulling the water skier. I'm assuming thats what they meant, since they did say last night on the news, that several boats were speeding around the area and they have not found the one that struck the lady. Also, there' a plea for the said operator of the boat to come forward.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

....that several boats were speeding around the area and they have not found the one that struck the lady. Also, there' a plea for the said operator of the boat to come forward.

That would have been nice information to impart in the OP........

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Sorry

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I was wrong, it was the driver of the boat that hit the woman that was being corroprative. I'm sure the driver of the boat that was pulling her is as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huj30Jq8gj8

This video was uploaded two days ago, I have no idea if they found her.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Back in the mid-70s, I had a couple of customers come in (frequent customers) with their boat, headed down to Trinity Lake in Northern California for a week end of water skiing.  I pointed out that the front tires on their van were pretty bald, and the guy promised to buy new ones from me upon their return.

His wife was hit by a prop, and died that Saturday.  I never saw him again.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Someone I knew had horrific scarring on his leg.  

He used to tell the glorified, acceptable story of a shark attack gone wrong (for the shark).

It was actually a propeller accident.  

We don't hear a lot about the injuries suffered in boating, vehicle, and work related accidents.

DEB 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply