So You Don't Like Tony Abbott?

Then you're hard to please according to Peter Switzer:

The latest Why is Abbott so unpopular? again was not great news for Prime Minister Tony Abbott, though there was some better news to be hopeful about with his approval rating up 3 percentage points to a pretty dismal 38 and his disapproval number down from 60 to 56.

On a two-party preferred basis, if we went to the polls, the outcome would look like 54 to Labor and 46 to the Coalition, a gap of 8, which actually is better than the post-Budget reading, which saw the margin between the parties at 12.

Economic credentials

Sure Tony Abbott’s Mr. Nice Guy face has not helped, with the poll showing we rate his “grasp on social policy” at 34 while Bill Shorten is rated at 58. However on his “clear vision of Australia’s future”, Abbot wins 54 to 38.

The good news

• Almost 90,000 jobs created since January! (Yep, you are reading right - 90,000.)

• House prices up over 10.1 per cent this calendar year and 2015 is expected to be another positive year for property.

• RP Data says the total returns on capital city houses were up 14.7 per cent on a year earlier and units were up 14.3 per cent.

• Interest rates are at historically low levels and are expected to stay that way into 2015.

• The last economic growth number we got was 1.1 per cent for the March quarter which annualises to 4.4 per cent!

• When growth tops three per cent then unemployment falls in Australia.

• Unemployment did rise from 5.9 per cent to six per cent but the prime cause was a rise in the participation rate, which economists see as a positive forward indicator

• The ANZ Job advertisements survey rose by 4.3 per cent in June and in trend terms, ads rose by 0.2 per cent, the eighth straight gain!

• Business confidence is heading in the right direction with the NAB business confidence index rising from 7.3 points to 7.9 points in June, while the business conditions index rose from -0.8 points to 2.3 points! The business conditions index measures what’s happening now.

• Despite a big fall after the Budget, consumer confidence has risen two months in a row with the Westpac/Melbourne Institute index of consumer confidence rising by 1.9 per cent to 94.9 points in July. Victoria (6.8 per cent), Queensland (three per cent) and NSW (5.2 per cent) saw confidence up notably.

etc etc...

Entire Article Here

"You might have reasons to not like Tony Abbott, but if you have economic reasons, then you are hard to please."

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

kabarine
Community Member

Guess he is entitled to his opinion, same as I am entitled to mine re Abbott

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

@kabarine wrote:

Guess he is entitled to his opinion, same as I am entitled to mine re Abbott

guess so lol

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

:snigger:

Peter Switzer is one of Australia's leading business and financial commentators and founder of the Switzer Super Report, a newsletter and website for self-managed super funds.
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:
:snigger:

Peter Switzer is one of Australia's leading business and financial commentators and founder of the Switzer Super Report, a newsletter and website for self-managed super funds.

who gets paid to air his opinions on mainstream media rather than obscure internet fora...

:giggle:

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Quote: Be clear on this — this Budget balls up is not just Clive and the Senate motley crew’s fault — the PM needs to lift his game. I was surprised at a very prominent Liberal supporter who is already talking about whether it’s time for a Turnbull change! This guy’s reaction really shocked me. I don’t think mid-PM changes are well received by local voters, but I guess if Tony shows he is a slow learner and the polls don’t improve, it could happen.

I would not have written or thought this possible until hearing this Liberal supporter’s frustration with the PM’s showing so far.

http://www.switzer.com.au/business-news/peters-daily-article/could-clives-senate-antics-be-good-for-...
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

well, read my post #1,129 at :http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Spirit/Diary-of-our-stinking-Govt/td-p/1173225/page/57

this expresses my opinion about the Abbott and Costello economics in Australia. It is disgusting how this Fed Govt is allowing the Banksters and Infestors to heavily commit investment in housing within Self-Managed Superannuation Funds as one example.

Why?

Because most - both economists and opinionsters are predicting 'a pause' or 'a correction' or 'a decrease' or a 'Bubble POPping' within the housing sector soon.

The Banks will win big time as will fund managers.

The Aussie Mum and Dad investors will lose big time - if they believe the rot and rubbish propaganda being purported by the likes of this author and equally supported by our LNP pollies.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

• Almost 90,000 jobs created since January! (Yep, you are reading right - 90,000.)

How many of those jobs are permanent and full time??

ABS Key figures June 2014

Unemployment increased 20,300 to 741,700.

90 000 jobs (% of full time unknown) is a drop in the ocean for 741,700 unemployed persons.

ABS "Full-time employment decreased 3,800 to 8,062,500 and part-time employment increased 19,700 to 3,515,700."
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:
Quote: Be clear on this — this Budget balls up is not just Clive and the Senate motley crew’s fault — the PM needs to lift his game. I was surprised at a very prominent Liberal supporter who is already talking about whether it’s time for a Turnbull change! This guy’s reaction really shocked me. I don’t think mid-PM changes are well received by local voters, but I guess if Tony shows he is a slow learner and the polls don’t improve, it could happen.

I would not have written or thought this possible until hearing this Liberal supporter’s frustration with the PM’s showing so far.

http://www.switzer.com.au/business-news/peters-daily-article/could-clives-senate-antics-be-good-for-...

comment from that article:

"Peter for a guy in your business your repeatedly left wing sentiments frankly amaze me. You are hanging on Donald Horne's "Lucky Country" run by second rate people who share its luck - well I think making Clive Palmer et al into a positive is like buying a lotto ticket - you hope it will win but you know it won't.  Move right Peter!"

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Quoting a comment, horrors!! I hope monman doesn't see that.
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply