Stay Safe and hydrated everyone

Please everyone stay safe in this terrible heat - I'm sorry to say but I'm sure we will hear some very sad stories as a result of this heatwave.  Thoughts are with you guys in south aus without power and to anyone else who is in the same boat.

I'm in (too) sunny Qld south of Brisbane city and the thermometer outside has hit 60 in the sun - 41.5 in the shade on the back verandah with ceiling fans going flat out . . . . . .   feeling for those out west and everyone else who's worse off

Drink jugs.jpg

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

We've had just over 45 here yesterday and today, my pets are hating it. Dylan has been laying on ice bricks,Tess is hiding in the far corner in the dirt under the house and Enzso rolled all over the floors that were wet feom being washed

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I am in Sydney and thankfully the southerly has arrived....the temperature is down to a very acceptable 24.4 degrees and still falling.

After 43 on Friday and 39 yesterday I am so glad we did not get the 39+ that was forecast.  I suspect we may get some rain too as there is a lot of cloud building up.

I know I would not have coped if we had the blackouts that we were warned about....I feel for the South Australians.

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

This is our second scorcher in a row - I had to work yesterday arvo so wasn't home checking but hubby said it reached 54 here yesterday - I don't actually know what it is today as old thermometer only goes to 60 so I brought it in once it hit 60 !!

I do remember how relieving the afternoon southerly's were when I lived in Sydney.  Funny thing is, everyone said we'd get used to the heat when hubby & I moved up here, but having been here almost 40 years, that has not happened, so doubt it ever will, lol,  and I'm quite sure as I get older the heat becomes less tolerable

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

Traralgon ..Gippsland--temp at noon today..13.7 degs.

Feel for the folk with the hot weather.

Ricgo.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

I'm soooooooo jealous Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

So sorry for those trying to deal with this excessive heat 😞  All good here, 18 degrees in the Western district of Vic n blowing a gale, who knows what tomorrow will bring?

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

Oh dear, just heard part of a press conference being given by NSW Rural Firies - my thoughts are with those who are effected, so far mainly out buildings and machinery lost, a couple of homes but most importantly no lives lost, let's hope it stays that way, but it is not looking promising and sorry lyndal, but they are fearing the southerly's

Fingers crossed.jpg

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Thinking of all our wonderful fire fighters.

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

Yes, unfortunately the southerly is very strong and getting stronger.   Our best hope is that it brings rain and in that regard it is looking promising.

I too hate the heat.

When I was in my 20s I worked in a Lighting showroom....without airconditioning!!   There were a few days when the heat was pretty bad but we got through them.   Today it would be frowned upon by OH & S.

I doubt if I would even walk in the door of that place now unless it was fully airconditioned.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply