The Carbon Tax.. GONE

nero_bolt
Community Member

The biggest lie in Australian political history (there will be no CARBON TAX etc) will be gone in about 3 weeks and the majority of the Australian public who voted in the Abbott government will be pleased.

This tax crippled Australia and is the highest in the world yet the labor party has learnt ZIP from their massive election loss and still continue to flog this dead horse and support it. 

The job-destroying Carbon Tax is a $9 billion hit on our economy this year alone.

Liberals celebrate as carbon tax repeal passes lower house... The majority of Australians celebrate as well

The most politically costly reform in politics in decades is to end with the Senate preparing to wind up Labor's carbon tax and scrap the automatic move to a market-based trading scheme from next year.

Just before the House adjourned on Thursday, there were jubilant scenes on the floor of the House of Representatives as the Coalition passed the carbon tax repeal bills for the second time.

The final vote went through on the voices after which Environment Minister Greg Hunt was embraced and high-fived by colleagues.

He had earlier successfully moved an amendment to split the Clean Energy Finance Corporation abolition - which will not pass the Senate - from the package of bills.

Labor unsuccessfully moved an amendment to repeal the carbon tax and move straight to an emissions trading scheme.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott was not present to see the repeal go through as he was attending a function out of Canberra.

But on Friday, Mr Abbott said the government was taking nothing for granted on the carbon tax repeal as it had still to pass through the Senate.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/liberals-celebrate-as-carbon-tax-repeal-passes...

10417465_651686534922046_7566729290942466716_n.jpg

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The Carbon Tax.. GONE

@durruticolumna wrote:
Yes they conveniently leave out the rest of that statement.

isn't this it?  -

There will be no carbon tax under the government I lead. What we will do is we will tackle the challenge of climate change.  We’ve invested record amounts in solar and renewable energies. Now I want to build the transmission lines that will bring that clean, green energy into the national electricity grid. I also want to make sure we have no more dirty coal-fired power stations. I want to make sure we’re driving greener cars and working from greener buildings. I will be delivering those things, and leading our national debate to reach a consensus about putting a cap on carbon pollution.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

The Carbon Tax.. GONE

You forgot to mention all those clean energy bodies set up by the previous goverment are staying.The carbon tax was probably going after the new senate was sworn in anyway.Now where's my $500?
Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

The Carbon Tax.. GONE

Excellent news!

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

The Carbon Tax.. GONE

"The biggest lie in Australian political history (there will be no CARBON TAX etc)"

Smiley Very Happy

A little bit of perspective wouldn't go astray.

prostate cancer ribbon Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

The Carbon Tax.. GONE

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

The Carbon Tax.. GONE

In which parallel universe has Australia been crippled?

We've had how many years of economic growth?  was it between 20 and 30?  That's not crippled.

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

The Carbon Tax.. GONE

@icyfroth wrote:

Excellent news!

Just curious, but what is so excellent about it?

How much difference does it actually make on an everyday basis?

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

The Carbon Tax.. GONE

@durruticolumna wrote:

isn't this it?  -

There will be no carbon tax under the government I lead. What we will do is we will tackle the challenge of climate change.  We’ve invested record amounts in solar and renewable energies. Now I want to build the transmission lines that will bring that clean, green energy into the national electricity grid. I also want to make sure we have no more dirty coal-fired power stations. I want to make sure we’re driving greener cars and working from greener buildings. I will be delivering those things, and leading our national debate to reach a consensus about putting a cap on carbon pollution.

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

The Carbon Tax.. GONE

@cherples wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

Excellent news!

Just curious, but what is so excellent about it?

How much difference does it actually make on an everyday basis?

Exactly.

It was an ineffective tax not making diddly-squat of difference to atmospheric pollution, just putting extra tax onto businesses which in turn passed the cost on to the consumer.

Probably cost a lot of money and man-hours to have it passed and now even more money and man-hours to have it repealed.

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

The Carbon Tax.. GONE

There will be no carbon tax under a government I lead,buts lets be clear,I am determined to price carbon.
Message 10 of 27
Latest reply