The Dressmaker

I'm thinking about going to the movies tomorrow. [I had intended to go today, but got caught up on here instead.lol]  and was wondring if anyone has seen "The Dressmaker"?

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The Dressmaker

Haven't seen the film, but I have read the book and, and, yes, I think you'll enjoy it - but take a few tissues, you'll need them.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

The Dressmaker

ecar3483
Community Member

I hadn't realised she was missing.

It's always nice to go to the movies with someone else.

Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

The Dressmaker

Woman LOL

I'll be going on my own this time.

I loved. I love the quirkiness of the characters and the ultimate act of revenge, except that she mentioned the David Jones store in Bourke St. It didn't exist in the era that the book was set in and would have still been Buckleys& Nunn. Whoever said that your writing is only as good as your weakest word was correct. Otherwise, it was a thoroughly enjoyable read.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

The Dressmaker

What a great movie and what a treasure trove of cast members. It captured the book brilliantly. Well worth seeing.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

The Dressmaker

I'd like to see that one too. I've really enjoyed every movie I've seen with  Kate Winslet, even the obscure ones

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

The Dressmaker

She is good. I love it when the cast looks as if they thoroughly enjoyed being in a movie. This was one of them. There was not a bad performance from anyone.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply