The Third party certification of food findings and reccomendations

http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Senate/Economics/Food_Cert_Schemes/Report

Recommendation 1
3.19 The committee recommends that food manufacturers clearly label
products which have received third party certification.
Recommendation 2
3.59 The committee recommends that the government, through the
Department of Agriculture, consider the monitoring and compliance of halal
certification of meat for export; and becoming the sole signatory on the
government halal certificate.
Recommendation 3
3.60 The committee recommends that the government, through bilateral and
multilateral forums, promote greater acceptance of a 'whole–of-country',
government-led halal certification system.
Recommendation 4
3.78 The committee recommends that the government consider requiring
certification bodies to register their operations under certification trademarks.
Recommendation 5
3.79 The committee recommends that the government consider requiring that
halal certification of goods in the domestic market comply with the standard
agreed for export.
Recommendation 6
3.80 The committee recommends that the halal certification industry consider
establishing a single halal certification authority and a single national registered
certified trademark.
Recommendation 7
3.96 The committee recommends that meat processors clearly label products
sourced from animals subject to religious slaughter.

photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

DD, if companies want to export to countries that still live in the dark ages, then they will have to comply to Halal standards. It's all about money and keeping producers in business. It also creates jobs.

It's a catch 22 story.

Erica

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

The most interesting take on the issue comes from an anonymous witch – they asked that their name be withheld “because witches still face both open hostility and ridicule in Australia” – who says ritually slaughtered meat needs to be properly labelled otherwise it’s messing with her magic and insulting her goddess. Submission 50’s issue with kosher and halal foods is a lack of labelling is weakening the cosmic forces when she’s making her own ritual offerings. While most businesses add certification symbols as a selling point, the witch claims they’ve introduced halal and kosher “by stealth” and she lodged a discrimination complaint about it. “I was so angry and upset when I found out that my offerings had already been used in another religious ritual. I tried to file a discrimination complaint with the Equal Opportunity Commission of Western Australia but the description of religious discrimination is such that my situation fell outside of the strict definition and my complaint was dismissed,” the anonymous witch says. Here’s an extract from her submission to the Senate: I am a Pagan, specifically a Goddess worshipping Witch, so it was utterly devastating to find out that, without my informed consent, I’d been routinely sold meat where the animal had been slaughtered according to the rituals of an Abrahamic religion. Thinking it was secular, I had been dedicating and offering it to my Goddess, which is important to my magic and my spiritual path. To dedicate and offer food to her that has been previously used in a religious ritual for another deity is an insult to my Goddess. It diminishes her energy, weakens my connection to her and thus my magic. She goes on to say “whatever people’s opinion of my beliefs, as an Australian, I should have the right to peacefully practice my faith within my own home without interference. This practice of selling unlabelled ritually slaughtered meat and animal by-products took that right away from me.” The witch concludes by saying all halal and kosher food “needs to be labelled as ritually slaughtered so that people of other religions can make a properly informed purchasing decision”. Jedis have yet to make their views known on the issue. http://www.businessinsider.com.au/heres-why-witches-dont-like-halal-and-kosher-certification-2015-6
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Nice little bit of ridicule, there, Tezza Woman LOL

You've excelled yourself once again!

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

For me, that's a fascinating insight into someone else's belief.

Thank you for posting it, much appreciated.

Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Jedis have yet to make their views known on the issue

http://www.details.com/story/star-wars-religion-church-of-jedi

"No, we don't worship Yoda," says Tennessee-born Ally Thompson, a pretty, chatty 28-year-old Padawan (and Iraq-war vet) who is to be knighted at the ceremony. "And telekinesis is not something that we necessarily do—at least not like in the movies. But I won't deny that the Force is very present in our teachings. Some people call it magic. Some call it Ashe. The scientific community calls it energy. But it's everywhere. You can find it in the Bible. When Moses parted the Red Sea—how did he do that? With energy. With the Force."

Yup, the Force is with them. 

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply