Things you used to think and now can't believe you did.

Some friends and I were having morning tea today and got to talking about our childhood and growing up and this topic came up.

One of our younger friends was talking about how when test tube babies first began being discussed on the news. She was aged about 5 or 6 at this time.

At the time she was a youngster and she believed that the babies grew inside these test tubes with the test tubes being replaced by bigger test tubes as the baby grew.

We all chuckled at that.

She was talking to her mother about it one day and asked if she could have a baby brother grown in a test tube so she could take him to school for news.

Her mother had to explain exactly what a test tube baby was.

photo GRUMPYCATSIGN_zpsa8f18bba.jpg
Message 1 of 57
Latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Another woman said her son heard about guerilla warfare on the news and thought it was a group of gorillas fighting each other.

Message 2 of 57
Latest reply

"Another woman said her son heard about guerilla warfare on the news and thought it was a group of gorillas fighting each other"

As a little girl, I thought that too!

gigglepuss.gif

Message 3 of 57
Latest reply

I remember,as a child, my mother pulling biscuits from her ear and handing them to me and my sisters.All these years later,I'm starting to think it was sleight of hand.
Message 4 of 57
Latest reply

Daddy used to remove my nose tip.  And replaced it, thankfully.  I can smell.

With it.

DEB

Message 5 of 57
Latest reply

My dad once told me about a nearby lake being bottomless and that if you could travel down, down, down it you would come out in a lake in China somewhere.

I believed him and one time when we were having a picnic there unbeknowst to me there was an Chinese family having a picnic quite a ways further along from where we were set up. I remember paddling in the water and nearly freaking out when this little Chinese boy wearing a goggle, snorkel and flippers emerged from the water in front of me.

I honestly thought he'd come from the depths of a lake in China.

Oh my.

Message 6 of 57
Latest reply

I still don't pull faces when it's windy:)
Message 7 of 57
Latest reply

My great uncle had a stuffed deers head on the wall. He convinced my sisters and I that the rest of the body was still attached and through the wall in the kitchen cupboard behind. We were too scared to look.
Message 8 of 57
Latest reply

I thought my old man was happy getting me a pup as a kid.

Then i worked out--he liked the dog because he could take it

for a walk ever night---and tie it up outside the pub for an hour.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Richo.

Message 9 of 57
Latest reply

Santa....tooth fairy....Easter Bunny...God....
Message 10 of 57
Latest reply