This is concerning

martinw-48
Community Member
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-27/brian-may-swipes-at-marion-council-cat-curfew/12007428?utm_so...

The council should be in charge of the trapping if it goes ahead.
How can you prove that the cat would have been caught during the curfew hours and as stated they'll be some people that will kill or torture the cat.
Some sicko was torturing cats in Coleraine and my ex-girlfriend's cat disappeared while this was going on and I have an idea of the perpetrator but I had to let it go
Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

This is concerning

@martinw-48 wrote:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-27/brian-may-swipes-at-marion-council-cat-curfew/12007428?utm_so...

The council should be in charge of the trapping if it goes ahead.
How can you prove that the cat would have been caught during the curfew hours and as stated they'll be some people that will kill or torture the cat.
Some sicko was torturing cats in Coleraine and my ex-girlfriend's cat disappeared while this was going on and I have an idea of the perpetrator but I had to let it go

If you don't let your cat out to kill local wildlife, you won't have a problem.

All new suburbs in Canberra are cat containment zones. 24 hour curfew.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

This is concerning

Ours has been a cat containment suburb for some years now.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

This is concerning

martinw-48
Community Member
So do your respective councils hand out traps for the neighbours to catch your cat if it's out?
Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

This is concerning

martinw-48
Community Member
My girlfriend doesn't let her cat out at night and it's too timid to venture my than a couple of metres from the front door.
I don't have a cat.
I don't have any pets because I've often had to go without food and wouldn't do that to an animal in my care
Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

This is concerning

@martinw-48 wrote:
So do your respective councils hand out traps for the neighbours to catch your cat if it's out?

Here's an idea, martin. If you are using a phone and your reply is directed to the OP, try using @personimanswering at the start of your posts or quoting what you're replying to.

Saves confusion, or the idea that you are talking to yourself.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

This is concerning

martinw-48
Community Member
I was asking both of you that have responded
Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

This is concerning

@martinw-48 wrote:

If a cat is caught in a cat containment suburb/area, the owner can be fined.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

This is concerning

@martinw-48 wrote:

Then address us, not yourself.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

This is concerning

@martinw-48 wrote:

No traps to neighbours.

Animal control can catch cats and fine owners. 

I've driven home late at night (after midnight) and seen cats run across the road.

Hopefully a minority of owners who aren't doing the right thing. 

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply